Several of my family and I are scattered all over East Coast, USA and met up in St. Maarten for a week of fun, sun, catching up, and getting away from the daily grind. We had 8 days divided beteween SXM and Saba and spent our SXM days with Betty here. She and her husband were wonderful hosts, everyone who worked with her was a dream to deal with, the rooms were gorgeous, comfortable and each unique. We also had easy access to anything we may have wanted within walking distance, often without leaving the beach. I highly recommend this location for your own visit. And, don't let the funny name fool you; families of any stripe would be quite happy and comfortable here. I was home three days before I could easily remember what day I was in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Horny Toad is a deliberately small and distinctive guesthouse known for its congenial and unpretentious atmosphere. The original building is a former governor's house tastefully renovated into spacious, fully-equipped apartments. Each of the eight apartments is delightfully different, displaying a personality of its own. All rooms have fully-equipped kitchens, king size beds, complete baths with shower, and daily maid service. Fresh flowers are arranged in the units every day. The guesthouse is on the beach and provides beach chairs, towels and floats. An outdoor barbecue pavilion with two Weber gas grills, table and hammock allow you to enjoy dining beach-side. Simpson Bay beach is a beautiful, uncrowded mile-long beach - just a few steps from each apartment - great for walking, swiming and sunbathing.The Toad has been awarded Fodor's Choice Award each year including the most recent in 2012. They called us the "island's best value" on the Dutch side of St Maarten.This is a No Smoking property. No children under seven years of age, please. We can arrange to have a rental car for your use and stock your unit with food before arrival upon request. There is free high-speed WiFi in all the units and a complimentary computer with internet access and printer in the business center/reception area. Free gated parking on the property. Grocery stores, French bakery, shops and multiple restaurants are within a 5-6 block walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your The Horny Toad Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horny Toad Guest House Hotel Simpson Bay
- The Horny Toad Guesthouse St Martin / St Maarten/Simpson Bay