“Shark dive”
Review of Dive Safaris

Dive Safaris
Ranked #7 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: We, Henry en Helmie together with our staff, offer you the best diving experience of Sint Maarten.You may be experiencing diving for the first time or you may want start a professional diving carreer.We offer:PADI Dive CoursesDive Courses, from start in our swimming pool to finish in the ocean!Shark Awareness DiveShark Diving, meet the masters of the sea in a friendly way.Boat DivingBoat Diving, we'll take you places you've never dreamed of!and many more
Reviewed August 15, 2014

So impressed with this dive company. Everyone was nice and professional. The gear was loaded and set up for you on the boat and they were SAFE during the dive. I would definitely recommend them for anyone diving in St. Maarten. I will be booking with them next time as well.

divesafaris474, Owner at Dive Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2014

Thank you so much Sherry, and great to hear that you enjoyed the Shark Awareness dive!

Hopefully you will come back again and do some more beautiful diving here.

All reviews
"in great shape"
"st martin"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We went to Dive Safaris for completion of my daughter's (12 yrs old) PADI Open Water dive certification. She had completed her pool dives and the online course wit a Dive School in Canada, so we were only doing the Open Water dives here. I was really impressed with the staff as they double checked where she was at, and ensured her skills were in fact ready for the certification dives. Henry was great at making it a good experience for Meg while assuring me that she had the skills to be a safe junior diver! Thank you.

In addition, I found their shop well stocked, reasonably priced for the Caribbean, with very helpful staff, so ended up picking up some more tanks for our boat now the we have an additional diver on board. For information, they also do tank hydro's and recertifications which is very helpful in the Caribbean. I had my tanks hydro'd in St Lucia, but got them back with some water still in them and one valve not on tight, so will certainly plan on using Dive Safaris for future recertifications.

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it!
You daughter did a great job, we hope she will have a lot off fun with diving!

And we do have a DOT testing center for hydro and visual testing of tanks.

Well hopefully we will see you all back again to do some more diving here!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We just got back from vacation in St Maarten Before we planned our trip, I made plans for my daughter, Sophia, to get her Junior Scuba Certification. She had done all the classroom and pool tests here in New York. My dad Hank and I are scuba divers and have been for many years.
Dive Safaris is the best run dive shop. It is family run and I will tell you that Helmie and Henry are wonderful They are very helpful and give all the information that you need to enjoy a great dive. My daughter was in the hands of Frank and I felt comfortable knowing that he was her instructor and with her. He is very professional and yet was very helpful to her ( she is 13) It was her first open water dives. She was very calm, careful and a good listener with Frank as her instructor. Henry was the captain of the boat and he took the pictures of my daughters experience and our diving all together. This was the best - looking back on the beautiful pictures that were taken by Henry and enjoying the moments over and over again. I strongly recommend having the pictures done when you do a dive they are sooo worth the money.
Whether you are a scuba diver, a snorkler, someone who wants to get certified in a very professional and confident way this is the place to do. Compliments to Henry, Helmie and to Frank for what you did for me and my family. From Peter K in New York

divesafaris474, Owner at Dive Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Thank you so much for your great review and your more then welcome!

We really enjoyed it to and it was so special to take 3 generations diving!

The pictures were very special to, with the 3 off you diving, great to hear that it worked out fine with the card and that you still enjoy them!

Thank you so much again, and hopefully we will see all back again, that would be really great!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife is a nervous diver so we did a single tank afternoon dive to help her gain her confidence. Frank was extremely patient with her even going so far as to hold her hand throughout the whole descent. I also did the Shark Awareness Dive through them. 10 other people were going to dive with me for this trip. The 10 people had to cancel due to a conflict with their cruise ship yet Bally, Henry, and another guide still took me down for my own personal shark dive. We are diving with them again tomorrow before we leave. I've dove with multiple other companies on the island but because of the service, attention, and appreciation they showed us at Dive Safari's, this is our go-to dive shop on the island from now on.

Thank you for your great review, we really appreciate it!

Great to hear that you enjoyed the dives and that your wife regained her confidence, she did a good job!

Well, hopefully we will see you back again soon, and do some more diving over here.

Thanks again, and hopefully till soon!