“Top Notch Trip”

Brownsburg, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Top Notch Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Incredible excursion from the word go to the very end. Excellent value!! Crew, catamaran, sailing, Prickley Pear Island, snorkeling, food and drink were all amazing! A definite trip to put on your to do list while in St Maarten.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Trippy-Todd

Round Rock, Texas
117 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Fun day at Prickly Pear Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was our third charter with Bluebeard's. Our first two were to Shoal Bay, this time we went to Prickly Pear Island. As usual, we had a great time and the staff is truly professional. They keep your drinks refreshed and serve you with Gouda cheese with either bread or crackers on your trip to Prickly Pear. When you get to the island, you can either jump off and snorkel to shore, or, they can take you in their dinghy if you have small children, or, perhaps, prefer not to swim. There are chairs to rent to sit on the beach and a bar which is next to a tree with many little Bananaquit birds that will eat the sugar right out of your hands. While on the island, you will be served lunch. Fun day to either snorkel or just take in the beauty while sitting on the beach. Save $10/pp if you book online.

Visited April 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“One of our favorite parts of our trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Never having been on a catamaran this trip was recommended by some friends. I was so glad that my husband and I went. We chose the excursion to Prickly Pear. You get up to go at 8:30am and don't return until late afternoon. The crew was really friendly, and nice, Ingrid, Byron and David make sure you have a good time. A lot of the people on our trip had been on the excursion before and try to go when they visit the island.
The lunch on Prickly Pear was one of my favorite meals while in St. Martin. The fish was so good. The snorkeling was ok, someone had said the reef was damaged in a storm so it isn't as good as some other places. It is still fun though. The rum punch they served on the boat was great. It was a really enjoyable day.

Visited May 2014
Beacon Falls, CT
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Prickly Pear Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I recently did the day trip to Prickly Pear and had a gret time. David, Byron and Ingrid were the crewmembers and all great. Prickly Pear was beautiful - some great snorkeling and a great lunch prepared on the island.
The trip to Prickly Pear was a nice smooth ride with Ingrid and Byron serving drinks and crackers and cheese.
It was a quieter trip than some snorkeling cruises we have been on, but it was also a small group that day - I think only 16 of us. (Which was nice because we had PLENTY of space on the boat).
I would recommend Prickly Pear and Bluebeard to anyone visiting St. Maarten. Great day trip!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sabersmom
Charleston, West Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Snorkel Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had a great time on this snorkeling trip, but didn't see many fish. The catamaran is beautiful, clean and well handled by the able crew. The trip out and back to Prickly Pear Island are worth the price which is $10 cheaper if you book on line before you go. There is a $15 port fee since the island belongs to Anguilla. We saw a turtle on the trip out, but sadly, no whales the day we went. The boat provides a free bar and I drank too much rum. It was more potent than I thought. They also served gouda and crackers on the way out. The snorkeling was disappointing. We didn't see many fish. The water is deep and we are elderly. The crew keeps a good watch on you. My son was able to range further out than I and says he saw more than I did, but agreed it was better right off our rental house. The beach at Prickly Pear is beautiful, but a bit crowded by other tours. Lunch is served there and is delicious. We had barbecued chicken, ribs and fish on our trip. There is a beach bar. The gold finches will eat right out of your hand if you offer them sugar. We had a hard time finding the meeting place, but they provided parking which is often hard to find. My husband and I are older and our legs, knees, hips do not work as well as we'd like, but this catamaran was easy to get into and off of. We would highly recommend this fun day, just don't expect to see many fish.

Visited March 2014