“Fantastic Day Trip!”
Review of Bluebeard Charters

Bluebeard Charters
Ranked #10 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
Reviewed January 28, 2014

What a fantastic day trip from St. Maarten to Anguilla! My husband and I had a great time interacting with other couples and families on the boat and were amazed by the friendly crewmembers and thier fun attitudes! Bluebeard is a must for anyone traveling to St. Maarten. A value-packed day!

1  Thank AleeseB
in 5 reviews
"buccaneer bar"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed January 21, 2014

One of our goals while staying on St Maarten for the week was to visit Anguilla and Shoal Bay. After looking at everything involved in doing it on our own, we decided to let the crew of Bluebeard take care of everything for us. It was a good decision.

The trip from Simpson Bay to Anguilla was fun. The weather was perfect and the waves made the trip exciting. The views of St Maarten and Anguilla from the water were beautiful. The hour or so trip was fun - getting to know the others on the boat and relaxing with the refreshments that were provided. The boat is in excellent condition. Plenty of options to stand, sit, lay down, in the sun or out of the sun.

The trip by bus to Shoal Bay is uneventful, but the payoff is outstanding. Shoal Bay beach is beautiful. When you look at an ad in a magazine and say 'I want to go to that beach' - this is the place. Time to relax, snorkel, have lunch, relax some more. Spent about 2 1/2 hours there.

The ride back to St Maarten was very relaxing. The crew (Capt'n David, Byron and Ingrid) did a great job of making sure we were well taken care of with refreshments. A first class operation all around.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I am an avid planner and contacted Bluebeard charters 8 months prior to our trip out there. I wasn’t sure which day excursion to choose from; either Shoal Bay or Prickly Pear. Since this was my first trip to St. Maarten, I went with BlueBeard’s suggestion, Prickly Pear, and was not disappointed. The meeting spot was a short walk down the beach from Royal Palm Resort, which is where we were staying. There were about 20 plus people on the charter, and the BlueBear charter crew had to make multiple trips to get us all on the catamaran.
The boat ride to Prickly pear was at least 2 hours and the crew made sure you had a delicious drink in your hand the entire time. Because this is a Heineken catamaran, they only service Heineken and Heineken light beer. This disappointed some, but really didn’t bother me. I had never snorkeled before and was really looking forward to it because they say that Prickly Pear is the best spot for snorkeling. Due to a tropical storm coming in, the water was incredibly choppy, which made my inexperience in snorkeling very difficult, so I took the little boat to the shore to hang out on the beach. My boyfriend, a more experienced snorkeler, was attempting to get underwater pictures of the fish, but because of the choppy water, the water was very cloudy. He ended up joining me on the beach. A slight disappointment was that the drinks provided on the boat are not allowed on the island, but there are drinks available for purchase. I did not know this in advanced and did not come prepared to purchase things. The BBQ lunch that was provided was prepared very well, and it was fun to sit and chat with people at our table to see where they were all from. We remained on the island for approx 2 hours or so, then began our journey back to St. Maarten.

1  Thank Desiree S
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband read about this tour operator online before heading to St. Maarten and we booked our day trip online (which gives you a $10 discount per person). The trip starts at 8:30 in Simpson Bay, and I believe we got back around 4:30 or 5. The trip there was a little rocky as the weather had been iffy the days previous, but the way back was lovely.

The boat was well taken care of, a full bar was available, the staff were all very knowledgeable and wanted to ensure that everyone had a great day. We went to Shoal Bay on Anguilla, and because of the rough water, had to take a bus from the boat to Shoal. The bus trip was just okay, but they stopped at a couple of spots for pictures that were simply stunning. Lunch at one of the beach bars was fantastic - ribs, chicken, rice, french fries and coleslaw. Only one drink was included here, and you had to pay for everything else, including water, while at Shoal. Drinks were included again once back on the boat.

The trip was fantastic and the next time we are there we are definitely going to do the Prickly Pear excursion. Rendevouz Bay where the boat docked was also gorgeous.

Thank you for such a wonderful day trip!

1  Thank mel_o_dell
See more reviews
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Booked via sxmdeals.com and we were not disappointed. Perfect all day trip - on Christmas Eve no less...amazing! Took the prickly pear day trip all day sail - incredible deal for a day sail! Crew made sure our hands were never empty - Martin and Ingrid were nice, engaging and both looked like they loved what they did. Skipper provided a smooth ride to and from the island - allowing us a great ride and time on the beautiful island!

The trip included a BBQ lunch on the island - delish and more than enough....I'd say dinner portion and very enjoyable given it was just our boat at the patio for lunch.

Snorkeling was enjoyable - reef has taken a bit of a beating given some of the coral was broken and white (dead) - but quite exposed so sure some natural as well as boat damage. Despite this - still saw a lot of fish - and some quite large fish too.

Loved this trip - if we had more time, we would have taken another trip with this crew!! Terrific crew and trip!!

1  Thank KMC-NC