“Good food, slow slow service”

The Stone Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 111 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Johann Roebert's The Stone Restaurant was established in 2007 and is located on the lagoon across the street from the movie theater. We Cook unique, concept, quality food and we serve on hot Stone. We have a global wine list and international Professional musicians Performing Live from 7PM-10PM on special nights, We invite everyone to come and enjoy the freshest imported and local Delicacy's at The Stone Restaurant open everyday from 5:30pm to 11pm (closed on public holidays)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Good food, slow slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

My wife and I dined at The Stone, in the Simpson Bay Resort and Marina, it has outdoor and inside dining. We had a 730 pm reservation but arrived at 7:00 pm, but we were still seated immediately, we ordered our drinks and 30 minutes later the drinks arrived (coke cola), we ordered their $39 lobster dinner and a kobe beef burger when our drinks arrived and 45 minutes later the food arrived. The food was good, somewhat over prices even for St Maarten where dining is expensive.

• Visited December 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Unique cooking style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Many of the entrees are served on a platter which holds a very hot piece of granite. I had the yellow fin tuna and it came partially cooked on one side and I cooked it the way I wanted on the stone at the table. It was excellent and done to perfection if I do say so myself. Side were created and fresh and the service was average. It seems like all restaurants on the island are in no hurry to give you the bill and this one was similar. Reservations are a good idea especially if you want to eat outside. Overall a very good experience at the Stone.

• Visited November 2013
Sacramento, California, USA
“Good food small portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Had lunch here since it's at the resort and we didn't want to go offsite. Food is quite delicious. We had scallops, small portion. It came with 4 scallops and 1 side for $18. They do have specials though. 1.5 lb lobster for $39 Monday nights and on Friday nights Kobe beef burgers are 20% off.

Visited December 2013
Pennsylvania
“Delish steak dinner with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Your steak arrives seared and precooked to less than how you like it. You then cook each piece of your steak to your liking on an extremely hot lava rock. Abosolutely delicious. Wonderful helpful staff. You may sit outside facing the Marina or inside the restaurant. The Stone is in the lower level of the Pelican Marina. I know their menu has more than just steak but I don't remember the particular entrées. A little pricey but certainty worth it.

• Visited November 2013
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Very nice, good food, but watch out for drink refill costs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a Friday evening when their Kobe beef burgers were 20% off. Lucky for my husband, the night we were there they had beers 50$ off! He got a huge beer for $3.00! Unfortunately, each of my small (non-alcoholic) iced tea's were $3.00 a piece. I thought refills were free because the waiter brought me new ones without asking; I should have thought to ask. Our burgers were very pink inside even though we asked for medium well burgers, we didn't complain and enjoyed them as they were. The Stone specialized in meals served partially cooked on a hot stone, so the patron can finish cooking their meat to their satisfaction. Unfortunately, the Kobe beef burgers can't be cooked this way.

Visited November 2013