“Dinner at the resort”

The Stone Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 118 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Johann Roebert's The Stone Restaurant was established in 2007 and is located on the lagoon across the street from the movie theater. We Cook unique, concept, quality food and we serve on hot Stone. We have a global wine list and international Professional musicians Performing Live from 7PM-10PM on special nights, We invite everyone to come and enjoy the freshest imported and local Delicacy's at The Stone Restaurant open everyday from 5:30pm to 11pm (closed on public holidays)
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant at the resort and were not disappointed. The food was brought out and cooked on a hot stone and was very delicious. I had the tuna and sweet potatoes which was very good. I did find you need to move the meat off the stone fairly quick or it will overcook.
The waitstaff was great and we enjoyed our dinner there.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

It was a great experience eating off a hot stone. The food quality was great, good service and fantastic view.. we were there off season and still was great. Beautiful Island.. the price was good as well.. average $25 per main. good for a romantic dinner..

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I did not realize the name meant my meal would be served on a very hot slab of rock, granite I believe... This allowed to cook the steak more as you ate. It came very rare and I cooked it a bit more as I ate...great meat. My wife had the scallops which arrived near raw, she did not get them as done as she liked...they were very large. The wines were a perfect paring and music and atmosphere excellent, it's a small chef owned operated restaurant sitting out on the water...perfect. A little pricey.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food is served on a hot stone, so you can decide how you want it cooked. Either fish or meat is just delicious.
The perfect spot to have a romantic dinner ;)
Great food, fantastic service, nice atmosphere... nothing to add! You must try it!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have eaten at the Stone many times over the years we have visited St Martin but this time was the worst experience I have had! I will be fair and say the food is still excellent but the service is lacking. We had eaten there earlier on this trip and everything was great but this time we waited over an hour to get our food while others around us, who came in after us, received theirs. When I mentioned this to the server he told me that our order was taking so long because we ordered lobster. On our earlier visit we ordered lobster and and we received our meal in approximately 25 minutes. Having been to the island many times over the years I am used to "island time" so I am not in a hurry but the length of time it took to get our order was unreasonable in my book, let alone the lame excuse we were given. I had planned on going back at least one more time this visit but not now. The owner Johann was there and I never saw him get up from his table to talk to customers while I was there, he usually checks with customer when he is there. I will go back but not this trip!