“Lousy” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Stone Restaurant

The Stone Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 111 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Johann Roebert's The Stone Restaurant was established in 2007 and is located on the lagoon across the street from the movie theater. We Cook unique, concept, quality food and we serve on hot Stone. We have a global wine list and international Professional musicians Performing Live from 7PM-10PM on special nights, We invite everyone to come and enjoy the freshest imported and local Delicacy's at The Stone Restaurant open everyday from 5:30pm to 11pm (closed on public holidays)
Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lousy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Decided to have dinner here on lobster night for my birthday and what a disaster. The lobster was mush like it was spoiled and was not appetizing. The price for the amount of lobster was absurd as well. Not a great dining experience. Only plus was the view

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sweetspinner

Cuyahoga Falls, Oh
“Great meal, nice start and end to vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed at Simpson Bay and ended up here on our first night - and loved it! It was a great meal to start the trip, we enjoyed it so much we came back to end out trip there. The staff were great - when some rain came in, everyone jumped in to move our table. It was relaxing and romantic coupled with excellent food and wine - we recommend the Malbec. The concept is also novel and both meals we ate there did not disappoint.

• Visited July 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to celebrate a birthday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I took our three teenage daughters to celebrate my birthday. Everyone found something to enjoy from the appetizers to the main course. The quality of the food is well worth the price.

Taunton, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Amazing restaurant and unique, fun dining experience. The Stone had guitarist on a Tuesday who provided some solid live entertainment during our meal.

Unique in that the meat dishes come out on a flat volcanic stone straight from the oven. The food is actually still cooking as it sits in front of you. You get to decide when the dish is cooked to your liking.

We ordered the Beef Filet and Kobe Burger. Both were extremely tasty. Also met the owner Johann who was extremely friendly and invested in making sure his customers were happy. Service was excellent. Favorite restaurant over the course of our 10 day stay on the island. We will be regulars on our return trips!

2 Thank Fizzarley
Jefferson, New Jersey, United States
“Good place good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant two nights in a row, first night I had reservations with my husband but he was ill so I went alone, had the vegetable spring rolls which was primarily shredded carrots. Then the 10oz filet which I really enjoyed because I like meat well done so it continued cooking on the stone. I went the next night with my husband because I told him it was a good place. I had the filet again and enjoyed it, he had filet also and thought his was just ok. One thing that was really annoying, following morning I was in the villa lobby and read on the activities list that Tuesday night at Stone present your room key for 15% off your bill. I was not given this list when I checked in and no one at restaurant mentioned it. I thought it would have been nice especially since I was there two nights in a row.

• Visited July 2013