“Loud music!”

The Stone Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Johann Roebert's The Stone Restaurant was established in 2007 and is located on the lagoon across the street from the movie theater. We Cook unique, concept, quality food and we serve on hot Stone. We have a global wine list and international Professional musicians Performing Live from 7PM-10PM on special nights, We invite everyone to come and enjoy the freshest imported and local Delicacy's at The Stone Restaurant open everyday from 5:30pm to 11pm (closed on public holidays)
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The terrible "music" played at The Stone (until the guitarist shows up) is absolutely awful! There is no reason for the music to be so loud as to ruin not only a dining experience but also the ambiance of the timeshare units above it.

1  Thank taffyt99

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very expensive for the "light" menu choices but on the otherhand it was nicely located overlooking the ocean.

1  Thank Gelicks
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Always a wonderful experience at Stone. staff, food and the setting are just great! Wine list is full of great choices too.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

terrible service and food quality is not consistent for the money. Over the years they have changed their menu - but still not worth it - sorry!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have lived in St Maarten for nearly a year now and I must say that this is THE BEST restaurant that I have been to yet! The food was beyond great - everything from the appetizer to the desert was simply phenomenal. Our waiter was great as well - very friendly! The only possible negative was that the service was a little slow. I had seen previous comments saying as much so I went expecting that the food and drink refills would take a little bit of time, but it definitely wasn't unbearable and the quality of the food more than makes up for the slower delivery. My date and I had the calamari, tilapia and scallops for dinner and then the banana flambe for desert -- all four items i highly recommend. I really can't say enough great things about The Stone. An absolute "must" for any trip to the island!