“A little on the pricey side, yet good food...”

Skipjack's Seafood Grill, Bar & Fish Market
Ranked #10 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Royal Palm, and there were SO many bars and restaurants we with a short walking (stumbling) distance including Skipjacks. ;) Food was a tad pricey as is many decent restaurants on the island, yet very good. The crab cakes are fantastic as are the crab backs (pretty much the same stuffing in a shell baked with cheese on top...delicious). We also went and bought fresh seafood one day from the cooler in the front of the restaurant to throw on the grill back at the resort. Actually one of the best meals we had ALL week, no joke. I recommend a cut of tuna, scallops, grouper fillets, and of course, crab cakes (grouper was ridiculous!) Skipjacks did NOT disappoint! Food was absolutely fresh and delicious once again. Oh, and don't forget to get some chimi-chura (sp?) sauce from the chef for the crab cakes...I know everyone's taste buds are different, but we all thought it was outstanding. Happy travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,420)

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I will say, the location is awesome! You can sit right in front of the mega yachts in the busy season, but we waited over an hour and a half for our food. I ordered the seafood sampler and it all came fried in tons of batter (which it did not say on the menu). When I order seafood I like to be able to taste the fish. My fiancé had the snapper and it was lacking any real flavor. The prices did not reflect the service or the quality of food in my opinion. I don't think I will be back.

1  Thank Erin V
Reviewed August 6, 2014

this was our best resaurant of the trip. we went there twice.. lovely food great service and great view of the marina..

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We have been eating here for many years. The fresh seafood is matched only by the friendly staff and they are located in a beautiful marina setting. This stop is well worth the visit during your next vacation. Jim and Diane Foor

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Went there for lunch. Started with peel yourself shrimp. Had a good zesty cocktail sauce. I had the catch of the day (wahoo) cooked perfectly with rice and salad. My wife had Mahi Mahi and she also said it was good. Great service and meal came fast as it wasn't that busy. Mine was 15 worth it but the Mahi was 21. A little overpriced for lunch. Overall great meal.