“New Yorkers ruined great evening!”

Skipjack's Seafood Grill, Bar & Fish Market
Ranked #10 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Best lobster, Mahi and view ruined by New Yorkers complaining about all the food after they ate it all.
Service turned to be slow since this guy took up all their time. Waiter was very nice, manager was gracious. Tuna carpaccio was sublime.
Will go back again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,420)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was my husbands favorite dinner on the island. He had a rare ahi tuna steak and I had the crab cakes, and my daughter the mahi mahi. All was delicious. The staff provided great service and went out of their way for us. We sat by the water and they asked if we would like the tarp/shade lifted ...and we said ...of course. The view of the bay and mountains lit up was astounding. They have a well with live lobsters and we went over to take a picture by it and a staff member came over and lifted one out for our picture, it was huge!!!! Wonderful food and service!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have eaten here in the past and had good experiences so we were excited to go back. I agree with some of the other reviews that something has changed here... it is also hit or miss with the food. The service was very slow (even by island standards) we had to get up and ask for more water a couple of times. when the food arrived, two of the fish entrees were badly undercooked.... I had to get the manager to come to the table as we could not find the waiter.

A couple of others in our party really enjoyed their food so I'd simply say be careful and check your food when it arrives.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had a very nice lunch at Skip Jack's. I had the fish of the day which was mahi It was pan fried and came with French fries and a salad. It was perfectly done and had great flavor My wife had the fish and chips and really enjoyed them. The service was also very good. We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very nice place for seafood, right on the water. Lots of selections to choose from, more than some of the other restaurants in the area.