“Talked up but not as good as could be.”

Skipjack's Seafood Grill, Bar & Fish Market
Ranked #13 of 113 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Longview, Texas
“Talked up but not as good as could be.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Pricey restaurant on St. Maarten. Food was good but service was lacking. Non smokers beware- A chain smoker sat next to us and one of our party had to leave(allergies) Open air but it was blowing right on us. Lobster prices were less here but average weights were 2-3 pounds at 25.00 a pound. Clam chowder was really good and the spinach salad was good too. But the price and service is what really got me.

Visited June 2013

sxm
“seafood”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

very nice surrounding (very different from the simple front). nice staff and wonderful seafood. We order the seafood platter and the food is well cook without a lot heavy seasoning.

• Visited May 2013
Bradley
“Cool place!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I love the HUGE lobsters that are in a small tank when you walk to the seating area!! I had the crab backs and crab/corn chowder and both were very good. My husband had the escargot and he was quite pleased. Very friendly staff and very accommodating.

Thank K. B
Dutchess County, NY
“Very good food”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very nice atmosphere and view. We went here for lobster because it was only 19.95/lb. They didn't have anything under 2 lbs when we went. Not sure if that's a money scam or they just didn't catch anything under 2 lbs. My fiancee got the ribs and lobster and loved every bite of it. I got a steak with their mushroom sauce, it's was to die for but extremly over priced. My steak was 30.00 and it was probably like a 10 oz ny strip.

New York City, New York
“This place sucks”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We ate here e other evening and the place is awful by island standards and worse by any other standard. It's basically a tourist trap and you can get better food for a third of the price on practically any beach on the island. This was the first disappointment we've yet to have on the island.

The one good thing I can say is it has a marina view which deflected from the awful food. I broke my rule coming here. Never eat in a lace that sells tee shirts with its name on it.

2 Thank ROCKintheUSA