“great lobster thermidor”

Pineapple Pete
Ranked #12 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Price was high for 2 thermidors and 2 glasses of wine, but still great and good for a special occasion

Write a ReviewReviews (1,721)

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My friends and I were recently in St. Maarten on vacation and started it off by having dinner at Pineapple Pete. All four of us enjoyed our appetizers and meals. I chose the Chicken Sate as my dinner and did not regret it. The prices are comparable for what you will find on the Dutch side of the island, and the atmosphere is fun. When I return to St. Maarten I will definitely make a return visit to Pineapple Pete.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were among the throng of locals and tourists who chose Pineapple Pete as the place to watch the World Cup game in which Holland defeated Costa Rica. Fun atmosphere, good service, really good crab cakes, plenty of TVs. People of all ages were having a good time, and some of them felt free to ignore the game and play pool.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We came here after reading TripAdvisor reviews and we're not disappointed! I had the stuffed lobster and my partner had the lobster pasta. Both were amazing and together made a very large meal. While it is not cheap, it is worth it for sure for such great food!

1  Thank kawa07
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Interesting décor. Plaques/awards for "best place to play pool" on island. Various signs "7 Pool tables", "8 Pool tables", we counted 3 :)

My crab stuffed grouper was *great*. Da wifes lobster bisque was not (too much sherry, flavor just not spot on) but she loved the entrée. Da boy LOVED the lobster pasta.

Recommended.