“Good Lunch, Great View of the Yachts In Simpson Bay Lagoon”
Review of Pineapple Pete

Pineapple Pete
Ranked #16 of 112 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leland, North Carolina
“Good Lunch, Great View of the Yachts In Simpson Bay Lagoon”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Enjoyed conch fritters and conch chowder for a quick lunch on the only rainy afternoon of our two weeks in St. Maarten. Not fancy, not even good looking, but the food was good, though pricey.

• Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Stamford, Connecticut
“Better close by - why go”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We just wanted a casual meal. We had "house specialities", the ones with the pineapple icons. Everyone thought food was ordinarily. Maybe we didn't drink enough to enjoy the food. Service was great - food was not. Go 2 blocks toward the bridge and you have at least 6 places that are better all similar in price.

St. Maarten-St. Martin
“Pineapple Pete's”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The best service on the Island! The food is very good with the Steak one of the best on the island!
You can not go wrong by going here! Tuesday Night is one of the best nights with a live band playing your favorites!

• Visited January 2014
St. Maarten-St. Martin
“SURF & TURF WILL NOT DISAPPOINT!!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have to admit that upon entering Pineapple Pete I was a little skeptical of the food. The place looks designed more like a bar & grill than a restaurant that serves good food. The menu had some good looking choices, but I'd come with the mindset to try the lobster thermidor and filet surf and turf. I get get a little sidetracked and get an order of poutine. I'll be honest, I've never had poutine before, but I don't think that is how it was supposed to taste. The fries were a little soggy, the gravy a little bland, and the cheese didn't even get close to reaching half of the fries. What I lost in the poutine I gained two fold in the surf and turf. I ordered the filet medium rare, so the first thing was to cut the filet in half and see the overcooked filet. To my surprise, the meat was nice and tender, and the center was a beautiful medium rare! On to the lobster thermidor. Again, I have little experience with lobster thermidor, but if it is supposed to taste the way it does at Pineapple Pete, then I'm in love! Such a great creamy smooth flavor with large chunks of lobster. If you are looking for a good steak and lobster thermidor I would highly recommend this place. Their melon colada is also decent if you're looking for a island type drink with your meal.

• Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Not that great”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had dinner because of the reviews and advertisements. The food is average. I had the jerk chicken & shrimp pasta which was OK and my wife had the Mahi Mahi which was meh.

They charged me $6 USD for water and added an automatic 15% service charge. I don't understand why they do this because the tip should be up to the client based on the service quality.

They do have a live performer every night which was really the only good thing about this place. There are much better restaurants all over this island. I would not go again.

• Visited February 2014