“Food is mediocre!”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
NJ
“Food is mediocre!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I know people 's review influence our decision making. This place gets good reviews but when we went there last night, early, plenty of table to choose from, I had a different experience. Our waiter was very good,and attentive. My husband had Petron Margarita and I had just the regular Margarita. My Margarita was so diluted and no taste but they changed that and it was better. My husband ordered the lobster Thermidor and garlic shrimps , 40.00, the lobster came in half shell with the chopped up lobster meat and very heavy sauce, no lobster taste at all, the garlic shrimps was acceptable. (I tasted his lobster Thermidor and garlic shrimps, called surf and surf). My grouper with spinach was good. The rum cream brûlée was good. I think this is not the place to order this kind of menu but if you order chicken wings or burger, I am sure it is good. The service charge was included, but I gave extra cash to the waiter for he was very attentive and I told him to take his son out for a gelato.

• Visited February 2013

• Polish first
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“Not your average restaurant!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I never fail to stop in for dinner when we go to St. Maarten. They have the best coconut shrimp on the east side of the Caribbean according to my wife. The only place better was the Blue Shrimp in Puerto Vallarta. The roasted rack of lamb was excellent with a mint au jus. Pineapple cheesecake for dessert sealed the deal for another great night. Most nights they have live music or some other activity. The food is tasty and the service is very good. Don't forget to check out the ceiling in the main room. It is covered with patches/badges/medallions from Fire and Police Departments from all over the world. There is also a gift shop for your Pineapple Pete souvenirs, open on every day except Saturday. The on duty manager was willing to open it up for us, but I didn't want to put them out. Just another reason to go back next year, this time with a tee shirt from our local volunteer fire department.

• Visited February 2013
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent food! Fun Atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The food was Excellent! The atmosphere was fun! The live entertainment was amazing! We would definitely go back!

Visited April 2012
amsterdam
“Tourist trap that's overpriced !”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The food here is seriously overpriced and Fridays or some other American chain like quality. The service was good and the atmosphere had a nice Caribbean flair but the food was just disappointing ! .

Visited February 2013
sc
“Friendly, lively place.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great service with above average food. Desserts were the best! Will return. Can be a little loud--not a quite romantic place!

Visited January 2013