“Good juices accompany glorified Subway sandwich”
Review of Top Carrot

Top Carrot
Ranked #23 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good juices accompany glorified Subway sandwich”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Admittedly, we only stayed long enough to peruse the menu and place a take out order. While waiting for our order, we did! browse the offerings in the shop, were pretty un-wowed by the plethora of items from where...China? Couldn't tell, since manufacturing origin labels were not to be found. Who wants to travel X thousand of miles only to buy some non-local merchandise??! I certainly don't / won't.

My Tzaziki and wine leaf sandwich was little more than a stuffed grape leaf Subway offering, on 7-grain French bread.

Being a lacto-ovo vegetarian, and dying to find some delectable local cuisine, I was disappointed that another, more creative menu choice had not made itself known to me.

The Red Monster blend was as good as expected, since same seemingly was created using a junior version of a juicer that one of my favorite restaurants at home uses.

Will we go back, since the Top Carrot's so close to our Simpson Bay resort? Probably not, TC...prolly not.

• Visited October 2012

South Jersey
“Great healthy meals”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We had lunch at Top Carrot and were so happy with our experience. They offer delicious drinks with herbs and citrus. We had lemon dream with mint and fresh lime juice-wow! For lunch we had the falafel pita sandwich which comes with lettuce tomato and hummus, and the greek pita which was a rich Greek salad in a fresh pita. Our friend had the Top Carrot sandwich, which was a multi grain French bread packed with tuna and veggies. Every sandwich was $7.00. They also offered vegetarian entrees, fresh fish entrees, and daily specials. What a great change from the typical island fare of ribs, chicken, burgers. Perfect place for lunch in St. Maarten

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank RayR_8
Puerto Rico
“A must to quench the thirst and feed the soul !”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

A quite little spot with loads of goodies. The frappes are great anytime. In the morning to start the day or after a day at the beach! There are books, music and nice things to go over while you sip your drink. There is also breakfast and lunch available...But they do close early and do not open on Sundays

Visited July 2012
1 Thank AngiePuertoRico
Glendale, Arizona
“Their breakfast are delicious and are very healthy.”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is the place to go if you are health conscious and a vegetarian! Every thing that I have ever eaten has always been delicious and moderately priced!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Karen110551
Philipsburg, null, Netherlands Antilles
“Sheer Splendor”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

So I had heard about this place from my previous bosses and had tasted a few of there dishes, so I decided to stop by with a friend and lounge around a bit and enjoy lunch there and I was not disappointing at all. I had the fish fillet which was well cooked(not too dry) just the way i like it and I opted for the "Green Monster" Drink I think was the name and my it was excellent. My coworker opted for something she thought familiar and had a fruit salad and lemonade which was made in true Top Carrot style I kinda remember joking with her and saying she was basically ordering glorified lemonade but my was i wrong! They've managed to add there own splendor to it!:D.
The staff was friendly in that Caribbean style :D and the sheer ambiance of the place is pure delight: A kinda earthy yet Mediterranean and slightly Caribbean with a dash of hippie couture. All in all I had a good time and highly recommend this establishment.

• Visited July 2012