“Don't be fooled by reasonable prices”

Lee's Roadside Grill
Ranked #40 of 117 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We have been to St Maarten a couple of times. Our most recent visit last week was ten days and we sampled several restaurants as we ate out every day. Lee's is conveniently located on Airport Rd. and we ate there 3-4 times over ten days, The fish is fresh, well prepared and the best we've ever tasted. We went to other, more expensive, restaurants but none even came close. Spend more if you like but Lee's pit guys grill the best fish and lobster on the island. The staff was very friendly and courteous. I would recommend the snapper, either whole or filet. The mahi-mahi is also excellent as is the yellow fin tuna but anything you order will be good. The ribs, chicken and such are ok but when you're on the isalnds, that isn't what you're there for. Seafood is king and Lee's is the king's personal chef! Drink specials like $1.50 Coronas and other dailys were also appreciated. We went just to have a few drinks and enjoy the lagoon view a few times. You'll be glad you went to Lee's. One thing, if you are in a hurry, don't go. This isn't a fast food restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,394)

Reviewed July 15, 2009

The seafood was excellant. I had the grouper, my daughter had the Mahi Mahi; both were cooked and seasoned perfectly. We sat down by the water so we had a nice breeze and the music was not too loud. The price was also very reasonable. I have found that restaurnats that have amazing food and great prices are typically quite busy. Even though it was crowded, we were able to get a table without waiting and the service was quick and friendly. I highly recommend trying it out.

Reviewed June 24, 2009

We had lunch at Lee's Roadside on the way to the airport for our flight back to the states. It's on the way to the airport, so it was a perfect location. Traffic in and around Simpson Bay can be a whalloping pain, so I'm not sure I would have endured traffic just to go to this place. But since it was on the way to the airport and we'd heard good things about it, everything worked out.

The ambiance is wonderful: very open and beachy but kept very cool with lots of fans. My children loved the funny wooden signs all over the place (my favorite: "Unattended children will be used for bait"). We walked out onto their docks while waiting for our lunch - don't miss this, as there are some crazy freakishly large carp swimming around. They're HUGE - be sure and check them out. There's also a pretty view of Simpson Bay filled with colorful sailboats.

The food was really good - best conch chowder I had on the island. The conch pieces were huge - I had to cut them with a knife and fork. Delicious. My Mom had a mahi sandwich that was good, and my husband had their house ribs, cooked on the huge grill right at the entrance to the restaurant. While the food was great, the service was ... OK. Our server was a sweet as she could be, but we had to ask for several things. She did take great delight in bringing my little son his ice cream sundae, and we appreciated that.

The deep-water fishing business they run results in lots of salty-fisherman types hanging around, which is pretty cool. The desserts sounded wonderful, but we had to leave to make the plane.

We'll definitely stop there again next time we visit!

1  Thank GeorgiaGirl40
Reviewed March 29, 2009

This was a great place to eat - with the best fish… the place is a very popular place for a reason – great prices, great food and great service

it was fun to see the lobster in their lobster tank. loved that the restaurants has a tent over the dock. We basically ate on a dock overlooking the marina... much fun...

around 7 PM they had a fun band playing

would highly recommend for a fun night out

Reviewed February 12, 2009

We had lots of folks recommend this place. It was clean, there was live music, but the food was average at best, and it was a little pricey.