“Fun and Cool!”

Lee's Roadside Grill
Ranked #27 of 111 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lower Gwynedd, Pennsylvania
“Fun and Cool!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Lee's is a feast for the senses! What first drew us was the wonderful BBQ smell that wafted up and down the street. As we got closer, we heard the band and saw the island-inspired rustic waterfront setting.

The service was good and the BBQ even better. I had the grilled fish (which was just ok) but friends had the ribs and chicken. They couldn't finish it all, but it was just as good as leftovers the next day.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Return to Lee's. Triumphantly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

I guess I just connect with Lee’s. I first ate here four years ago. My meal included insanely good conch chowder, so I had to return. After finding they were closed on Monday, but had music every night, I decided on SkipJack’s for my Sunday meal, and saved Lee’s for Wednesday. I was in early, and alone and an older gentleman wanted to seat me in the center of the room. I asked for a deck seat and as there were five or six tables open he seated me in a prime location without blinking an eye.
There was no chowder on the menu so I ordered the conch soup. It was really tasty, if unexpected, in that it was more of a conch-y chicken-like soup with nice, tender chunks of conch and some carrot. Some added Matouk hot sauce made it crushingly good. I was off to a good start.
After my less than stellar entree at Skip Jack’s I’d sworn off lobster (well, whole lobster) but Lee’s had Stew Lobster on special. Note it’s not ‘lobster stew’ and it’s not ‘stewed lobster.’ I like that. I ordered that. It came with two sides and since my plan was to eat things I can’t readily get at home, or make for myself, I again had the peas and rice and plantains. I can’t get enough of either and love how the rice can be very different, depending on the cook. This is when the buffoon returned. I don’t know how or why, but when I took a bite of the lobster, it happened just like the last time I ate here. My eyes closed and all my being lasered inward to my tongue. There was no room for outside distraction; no sound, no sight, just big chunks of lobster with delicate hints of celery on my tongue. I’d had the same reaction to the conch chowder four years ago. This was bliss. Subtle. Seasoned. I never want that feeling to stop.
So. Portion sizes were right, prices were reasonable and food delicious. My view of the bay, with a breeze was soothing and peaceful and the singer at the front of the bar added a nice island flavor.

My sides were exactly what I’d wanted in nice quantity, tasty and fresh. The wait staff was adequately attentive and with the great view and music, I didn’t mind the slightly slow pacing, but I have to say it took a bit too long to bring my check. As I’d finished my meal and was ready to pay, the restaurant was becoming more crowded. I actually felt a bit guilty, sitting alone in this prime table for four while newcomers were seated further away from the water. I really love this place.

Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas
“Worst experience in my life NO SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

No service. Had to ask for menus, had to ask for water, had to ask for order, had to ask for more water. Table next to us the customer got so ticked he finally stood up and turned around and waved his arms for service. ( he copied me ) Let me be clear, NO SERVICE.

1 Thank FletcherDDSC
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

We had lunch here with two friends.
Snapper very good and the fried shrimp.
Crab starter was lacking in crab but tasted ok.
Fish platter was quite good a little over cooked .
Good for families too .
Would go back but not for lunch more likely in the evening when its busier .

• Visited July 2014
Crofton, Maryland
“so-so chicken”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

We dined here for lunch on our last day- Friday lunch was forever when food is precooked waiting on the grill. Dinner on Saturday was busy. Chicken quarter and plantins was decent. Potato salad was good and did not taste store bought. Vodka and fireball shot specials helped make up for waiting on the food. Chicken across the street @ Captin D's is better. They are closed on Mondays