“Try the whole red snapper”

Lee's Roadside Grill
Ranked #27 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We ate here twice. This restaurant is very often recommended by the locals as a better value. I'm not sure I see how it's a better value, but, maybe certain items are. The first time we had ribs, and chicken, and a whole snapper. I don't mind bones, and doing a little work to get some yummy food, so I was happy. But if bones ruin the experience for you, don't get the whole snapper. Either you'll hate it, or waste a lot to miss the bones. If you are adventurous, don't forget the cheeks! Might be the best part.
Our second visit was for our last lunch and I finally had some lobster. Again, I was willing to get to work, and I did have to ask for some tools to get some of the best bits, but it was quite good as well. The burgers are really big!! The fries are good, but the veggies are probably frozen. Then again, not a lot of veggies served with meals on the island. So that is probably to be expected. Might be worth asking, if that is important to you. Also, no refills on iced tea, just fyi. So the beer is a good option!

There are newer reviews for Lee's Roadside Grill

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Excellent food in the open air. When the music started, things got even better. Mahi mahi sandwich was on a crusty baguette. Chicken and rib combo was delicious.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

The food smelled excellent. The staff was so rude, we did not stay f or dinner. Nice view of marina.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Food was reasonable, nothing special and probably a little overpriced. Service was AWFUL- so slow at bringing drinks, checking if we wanted a refill (and we were not on soft drinks!), took forever to get the bill.. just not great- could be so much better.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This restaurant offer fish, poultry and meat. So, you can choose from a wide variety of dishes. My favorite was the 3 fish platter. The fish was deliciously seasoned and with a little touch of smoke flavor. The dish is huge so you can share. Also if you are in a hurry there's a dish with ribs and quarter leg which can also be share.
In the nights soft caribbean music with a friendly singer.
Forget about exotic hairdos because the wind will give you a new hairtstyle!!! but was fun!!!