“Food is good but not great”

Lee's Roadside Grill
Ranked #27 of 111 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Granbury, Texas
“Food is good but not great”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have dined at Lees on numerous occasions, service is slow but food is pretty good but not the best the island has to offer. There are much better places to eat for the same and less money. Atmosphere is good because it is waterside and you can see the huge tarpon swimming around. People are friendly but again service is slow.

Dutchess County, NY
“Tourist Trap”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The first night we ate here my fiancee got bbq ribs and they were oversmoked, tough, and dry. I got a BBQ chicken breast and it was okay, not a lot of flavor. The menu doesn't have a great amount of choices. The service was poor as well. We couldn't get refills on our drinks without having to go out of our way to get the waiters attention. There funky monkey drinks are very good though. We went back a second time to give them a second chance. We ordered the appetizers ribs this time and they were still dry, tough, and oversmoked. We ended up leaving and not having dinner. This place is a tourist trap and a pricey one at that. It's appealing because of the music and waterfront location.

New York City, New York
“Not sure what these people were expecting”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

...but its a chicken and ribs joint in the caribbean and as far as that goes it's adequate for the job. Is it the best, absolutely not, is it terrible, no. I will say that many of these brick and mortar lolo restos in st. Maarten simply apply fire to meat and then expect you to season it with matouk's hot sauces and bbq sauce, which is what this place does. The meat itself is ok, not great, but the atmosphere is the attraction, especially on the weekends with live music and dancing and an array of island characters and sunburned mouthy tourists traipsing to and fro. I enjoyed the place overall but dont expect gourmet food, its a bbq lolo joint with drinks and music, it doesnt pretend to be anything else. If you want value, go to a lolo on any beach on the island and even then some of them arent great values.

granbury, texas
“Horrible top to bottom”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just left. I had the mixed seafood plate- oh wait they were out of one the 3 fish- and one of the 'grilled' fish was so burnt I asked for another piece. And I am a person who hasn't sent a dish away in,like, 15 years. I will eat anything!If this were normal restaurant world, the waitress would take away the burnt piece and bring back a replacement. Instead, I got the manager (with glasses) who ARGUED with me that my fish was not overcooked!! Dude, I cook fish at home and that was BLACK and indelible! You know, if Denny's burns your toast, they will bring you another piece of toast. If Lee's burns your $25 fish? They gave us a free Coke....
And the rest of the menu is overpriced,mediocre with service that comes around every 30 minutes.
The lobsters advertised @ $19.95 per lb are spiny lobsters, not Main, and most in the tank are 2+ lbs so good luck picking thru that nonsense.
AVOID.

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just OK”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was a bit disappointed with my coconut shrimp here. Maybe I should have tried BBQ but I really wanted fish for my last dinner in St. Maarten. Plantains were good for a side dish. The veggies were just a frozen steamed broccoli, carrot and cauliflower mixture. Based on reviews from others at my resort, I had high expectations.

Visited May 2013