“Fun bar”

Ranked #40 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was a fun little bar for karaoke and entertainment. Food was decent but not as good as some of the other spots in Simpson Bay. But always a good place to get a drink after dinner.

There are newer reviews for Topper's By The Sea

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Hidden jem. Best food for best price on the Island. Great staff always feel welcome.
Veal Osso Buco to die for.

2  Thank DENNISDD
Reviewed February 26, 2014

There are two locations. One on Welfare Rd. which does not serve breakfast but a serious bar for drinking. The other at the Flamingo Beach resort where the bathroom is 100ft away. Nice beach side view. I had a strip steak that may have weighed 7 ounces. It arrived cold to the touch and on the tough side (I ordered medium rare) my wife had the Drunken Shrimp served on some wilted iceberg lettuce with a little corn, the sauce was watery and bland. Hey very place can see a one star or five star review. Sometimes it is just luck of the draw. The sea side Toppers is not on our return list.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Nice beach view and good food and drink. Burgers are very good, and their mango grilled chicken salad should not be missed. Loved the onion rings. They are having construction that is obstructing the beach view a bit and some noise, but we went back twice because the food was just that good.

1  Thank elainie2c
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I went to Topper's for dinner on my first night staying at the Flamingo Resort. From the minute I walked in, the host joked around and flirted with me. When he finally released me from the repartée and got me a table, the waiter asked me all sorts of personal questions before taking my order. My waiter later came back to ask me to hang out with him when he got off work at midnight. He was persistent. I felt trapped.

All I wanted was to eat a quiet dinner in peace after a long day of traveling. I'm aware men are known in the Caribbean for pestering young women, but that should not be acceptable for men working in the service industry catering largely to tourists. I ordered a salad, not the sausage, thank you very much, Topper's.

1  Thank Anne C