“Great food and good drinks”

Topper's By The Sea
Ranked #39 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Beatrice, Nebraska
“Great food and good drinks”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had lunch here, although a little spendy (like most food on the island) you do get a good amount and very good food. Try to go during the 2 for 1 drink hours or they are also pretty costly.

Visited September 2013

Dallas
“So much fun”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This place was very close to my hotel so I walked there a couple nights, one just to get some Mac n cheese (very good) then came back on Thursday for Karaoke night. That was a lot of fun, everybody just singing including the bartender who was very friendly and flirty! I met the owner Topper, he reminded me of Anthony Hopkins :) he was very nice and friendly. Btw be sure to check out his other restaurant Toppers by the Sea...awesome)

Overall a very nice open air place, very casual, great Mac n cheese and great drinks, not watered down. :)

Visited September 2013
Marysville, In
“Very Pleasant and Friendly”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I just returned from St. Maarten. After landing we were famished. Heading for our room in Great Bay we decided to stop at Toppers for a drink and lunch. After we were seated the owner came by and greeted us. Very nice gentleman. Our waitress Martina was wonderful, very sweet person. We ordered a peach margarita and Martina recommended the Lobster salad. the drinks were excellent, and the Lobster salad was to kill for. After some friendly conversation with Topper we headed for our room. All week we relished the thought of returning for another try at the Lobster salad. That Saturday on our return trip to the airport we stopped back in. After a friendly greeting from Martina, a "fresh" Lobster salad, and again some friendly conversation with Topper we had to head back to the US. My wife and I would recommend everyone to try Toppers at least once.

“Singing Bartender”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I just got back from St Maarten for a honeymoon. On our first night there we walked along the Main Road in Simpson Bay and saw Toppers. We heard people singing and thought it would be a fun place to swing by. We went in and sat at the bar and were greeted by the absolute BEST bartender ever! He mixed the best drinks, best service, and even sang karaoke WHILE bartending. It was so fun and we ended up coming back to toppers almost every night for some entertainment. We met Topper one of our last nights there and he greeted us both and was very polite. We 100% recommend Toppers!! It was one of the highlights of our trip!

Mount Laurel NJ
“Mediocre at best”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Topper's on our return trip to St Maarten- At least the start and finsh of the meal was enjoyable- The coconut shrimp appetizer and deserts were quite good. I chose the crab stuffed Mahi Mahi- overcooked frozen fish with imitation crab stuffing- clearly not worth the 29.95 price. I guess I can take some of the blame as I should have asked our server whether the fish was fresh or frozen but as we're surrounded by fresh Mahi I assumed it would be so... Oh well was not a high point of our stay