“Great hang-out and sunset”

Topper's By The Sea
Ranked #40 of 113 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Houston, TX
“Great hang-out and sunset”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Both locations are excellent places to just hang out! Beer is cheaper than sodas, gotta love that. Topper's by the beach is one of the best places to see the sunset!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Delicious & Fun!! Must Go!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Toppers restaurant was my favorite while I was visiting in St. Maarten. Everything on the menu was unique and delicious but the best part is how wonderful the staff was. I had the pleasure of meeting Topper himself & he made it a point to make us feel at home the whole time. We want to go back to St. Maarten just to go back to Toppers!! Try the Shrimp Salad, the Lobster & Karaoke Night!!!!!!!!

• Visited November 2011
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Amazing food!!!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was skeptical about the food here but boy was I wrong. The grilled chicken breasts melted in your mouth!!!! The atmosphere was pleasant and the prices were reasonable! Definitely check this place out!

New York City, New York
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Fun times, The staff was very friendly and the food was great. The bar tenders were so nice too. A must if you go to St. Maarten.

Visited October 2012
Rock Hill, New York
“Toppers in Simpson Bay - Upbeat and Good Food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Over the years, my wife and have walked past "Toppers" in Simpson Bay many times. It always looked interesting but always appeared to be more bar than restaurant. In October my son and I decided to give it a try for dinner. I was surprised at the dining area that is in the back half of the building and is not clearly seen when you look into the restaurant from the "side walk". If you walk along the outside of the building to a center entrance you are treated to a warm greeting and a pleasant dining ambiance. The dining room manager is knowledgeable and a gracious hostess with a sense of humor. I thought I was taking a chance by ordering "Pasta Arrabiatta" (penne pasta with a spicy tomato sauce. It was delicious! The paste cooked to my liking and the sauce was as good if not better than my favorite Italian restaurant back home. My son was also more than satisfied with his Linguini/seafood platter. Portions were generous and no more expensive ($20.00) than other bar/restaurants we frequented. It seems as though there is Karioki every night. The bar manager enjoys leading the entertainment with a variety of Dean Martin tunes but all patrons are encouraged to give it a try. We found it entertaining, most of the singers were pretty good. In a nut shell our entrees were very good, fairly priced, and we had fun listening to the Karioki singers. At the end of the meal the ever smiling hostess supplied us with a complimentary after dinner drink and candy. The dining room can be as intimate as you like but we also noticed a table that was gearing up for their turn at karioki.