“So so food, overpriced..”

Topper's By The Sea
Ranked #36 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The food was over priced, the live entertainment was ridiculous! A group of dancers were lip synching & dancing to songs from Broadway musicals! Sometimes it was obvious that they didn't know the words to the songs! Like I said, ridiculous! The only redeeming thing about this restaurant is their friendly staff.

1  Thank Marianne O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I loved their calamari it came in some really good juice and was fresh. The drinks were also good and they do have variety

1  Thank donemyshareotravel
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Ordered salad at Topper's Flamingo as a tourist on my recent visit and was quite disappointed, too much parmezan cheese and overpriced. Had lunch at the simpsonbay location when I lived there, two times. On both occasions I received bad service and stomache churning food. Ordered crab stuffed mushrooms and couldn't stand the flavors and wetness. As dessert i had the " homemade' apple pie. THe crust was wet and seemed uncooked, i told the waitress/manager I couldn' t eat it and she got an attitude and unpleasantly said she would take it off my bill. She is a blonde haired female, and seems to manage the simpsonbay location. When i received my bill it stated that the pie was taken off yet, i was charged two types of taxes and one of them was exactly the amount of the pie. Had no need to argue with her, I never recommend Topper's and not surprising whenever I talked to residents of the island they also complain about the bad food. If you want the same kind of food and better ambiance go to Pineapple's Pete. Pineapple Pete has WAYYYY BETTER service and food is properly prepared and served.

2  Thank Sue W
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We have been to Topper's many times over the years. We got to St Maarten late afternoon, so by the time we got set in our room we were hungry and tired. So we walked to Topper's and ordered some burgers and fish sandwiches. We were told that they couldn't serve burger because they had a wedding going on. But we could order them to go!!! So that is what we did. While we were waiting we order a few drinks. Much to my suprise when I went to pay the check they added on a service charge of 15%. I asked why they would do that with a take out order and I was informed that we sat down and had a drink. I was to tired to argue but that was our last time at Topper's.The owner is great but the lady that runs Topper's on the beach was not very nice!!!!

1  Thank mem47
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The food served was generic. There were too many mosquitos. Other than that, and being over-priced, the ambiance was okay.

1  Thank Tony H