“nice beachbar near the airport”
Review of Karakter

Karakter
Ranked #12 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: European, Diner, Dutch
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Specialized in healthy and delicious food, Karakter offers only the best: the best smoothies, salads, wines, beers, cocktails, tapas and lunches. Our lounge chairs, wooden couches and lounge cushions, paired with amazing white sand and a perfect blue sea, complete the ultimate Caribbean experience. Karakter. Your total beach experience. Just relax and we will take care of the rest...
Reviewed March 27, 2014

If you have some spare time before your flight goes, this is the best place!
There is a bus on the beach from where the serve food and drinks! Nice beach beds (not to much, about 50 of them) with umbrella's. The beach beds are for free if you take a drink.
And a terrace with tables for lunch.
Nice and relaxed atmosphere. There is 1 basic shower.
We had Mojito's and fresh fruit drinks and coffee. All of very good quality!
I loved it.

There are newer reviews for Karakter

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The food and service was excellent and the beach is right there, + free beach chairs and umbrellas.
There was always a person asking you if you needed anything + everyone was very friendly and enjoying their jobs.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We discovered Karakter about 4 years ago and go back every year. The beach is long and quiet but there are often some mega yachts to look at in the distance. The food at Karakter is a step up from the usual beach bar fare. The staff is courteous and attentive. Really a relaxing and enjoyable place to spend the day.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This place is always fun, boobs and butts as far as the eye can see. Food and service are good, not like Pinel, Calmos or Orient, but the prices are also very reasonable. I would probably go back without my children so I could get the full experience.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

A group of six of us came here for dinner at the most perfect time, around 5-5:30 pm. The sun was just about to set, it was not too hot, and the dinner crowd hadn't arrived yet. The view of the sunset on the beach was amazing. One of the most beautiful things to see while you are waiting for your food, and let me tell you, you will wait for a little while. So don't be surprised when you don't see your waitress for a while. This was actually perfect for us, we got our drinks and appetizers, kicked off our shoes, and soaked in the atmosphere. The saxophone player lady, who also sings sometimes, played perfect elevator-type background music and it was not too loud, so you could still have a conversation. The waitresses were actually really nice when they did come around.

I ordered a fish dish with white fish and salmon rolls and a couple of shrimp grilled with veggies. I don't usually order fish and this dish was just ok, to me. On a previous visit, I had the chicken satay dish and that was delicious. My boyfriend ordered the steak dish, which he thought was the same as the steak kebabs he had on our previous visit. It was actually a ginormous ribeye (as big as a piece of 8x11 paper) steak, cooked to perfection. The garlic sauce they served with it was amazing! Our friends enjoyed their meal and one especially could not stop talking about their fried plantains, which were nice and crispy and chewy at the same time. Another friend, who had their American burger, said it was his favorite place they ate while they were here. I would definitely recommend Karakter to anyone and everyone, especially people who are looking for the postcard views and the laid-back atmosphere.