“Heavenly Breakfast - Absolute Decadence!”

Zee Best Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 116 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: American, French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Established in 1983, Zee Best is a household name for vacationers and residents. Serving artisanal French Pastries freshly prepared in our bakery every morning, you will find as well, a great coffee selection, fresh juices, heavenly crêpes and everything you could imagine made with eggs from benedicts to omelets!The most important meal of the day can also be the most delicious. Open for the early risers or sleepy heads, St-Maarten best breakfast is served from 7:30 am to 2:00 pm everyday (Simpson Bay and Port-de Plaisance location). Voted best breakfast place in St Maarten / St Martin 7 years in a row, Zee Best also serves lunch from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. Come in and experience what breakfast and lunch are all about!Open 7 days a week, Zee Best, and its friendly staff, is "Zee" place to befor breakfast and lunch in St Maarten!
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Zee best French bakery on the island of St. Maarten/St. Martin. So good, in fact, we had breakfast here twice and stopped by on our way to the airport to get sandwiches for the ride home. The almond and powdered sugar croissant was, by far, the favorite in the group, but the omelets and cafe au lait were also superb.

I CANNOT recommend this place highly enough. Don't miss it!!

1  Thank Jolly_1_Jill

Reviewed September 14, 2013

strong coffee, prepared just how you like it. Plus a pastry? why not. a perfect brunch spot on those lazy holiday weekends. Have been there many times, and the meals have never disappointed. the sauces can be rich, but why not.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We decided to try this place for breakfast and it was a good choice. A lot of good selections for both breakfast and lunch. This restaurant does not take credit cards, so bring cash. Food is very good and reasonably priced. Great service.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

It took 10 minutes for the waitress to acknowledge our presence. When she finally did she left the pastry basket took our orders and walked away. I had to go inside to ask for our drinks 15 mins later as customers that came after us werr being brought beverages. The food came out. It was average at best. It took over 30 minutes for our waitress to come back. Looking at our pastry basket of which I had sampled all the pastries the waitress commented "you know you have to pay for each pastry you eat right". I replied with "no. You never told me". This information is not printed anywhere in the menu. I thought it was akin to a bread basket. 30 mins later our bill came with a bag of once bitten pastries and were told "the owner said you could take them with you". I was charged for each one. Gee thanks mr. Owner guy for letting me take home what you charged me for. Thanks for not letting me know in advance I would be charged for each pastry. What's even more disturbing is....how many times has each pastry been touched and handled throughout the day. Customers looking for the one they want. Waitresses taking stock of what pastries have been eaten to know what to charge (for me over $25). Zee best is zee worst. Go to lucriere. The food is better. The atmosphere is better (zee best has outdoor seating in a parking lot...ghetto). You won't get ripped off and charged for items you didn't know you would be charged for. The best part is tip is included so our waitress that ignored us got 15% of each pastry I took a bite of. Needless to say I left the bag of pastries on the table and left never to return. You should avoid the hour and a half time suck, average food and sheisty employees. Other than that simpson bay is great and we will visit the island again.

3  Thank luisitime
BalyDesigns, Guest Relations Manager at Zee Best Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Luisitime,
We've very sorry for your poor experience at Zee Best. Fresh baked pastries served on your table is our part of our custom for over two decades. But your situation is one in a million. Our staff are trained to inform the guests that the pastries are not free, however, no one is infallible and it may occur that a waitress forgets to make that clear, in which case we usually rely on our guests' common sense or at the very least their consciousness to 'ask' if in doubt. This system has been working for many years. Thank goodness that it is rare we encounter anyone that take it upon them self to take a bite out of each pastry and leave the rest to waste at no charge to them.

Nevertheless, we wish you good luck and good travels.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The almond croissant is orgasmic!! It was the most amazing pastry I have had in my life (and I've had croissants in Nice). It was beyond belief. The chocolate-filled one was very good too. We found this place on our second-to-last day of our trip, which was good and bad! lol If we found it on day 1, I would have come home at least 5 lbs heavier.
We also had huevos rancheros and omelettes on the 2 mornings we went. Everything we had was so yummy. Iced coffee was great too! The staff was super friendly as well. I told them if they opened a location in Miami it would be a goldmine!
My only suggestion is - please inform all your staff that security in the airport DOES allow you to bring food through (just not drinks). We said we wanted 2 sandwiches for the flight home. One waitress said we could and one said they wouldn't allow it at the airport. We don't know the security rules for the island, so we didn't buy any. We ended up having a crappy airport sandwich instead :( I would have MUCH preferred a capresse on a French baguette!! Next time we will know better.