“ZEE WORST.”

Zee Best Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 111 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: French, American, Cafe, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 1983, Zee Best is a household name for vacationers and residents. Serving artisanal French Pastries freshly prepared in our bakery every morning, you will find as well, a great coffee selection, fresh juices, heavenly crêpes and everything you could imagine made with eggs from benedicts to omelets!The most important meal of the day can also be the most delicious. Open for the early risers or sleepy heads, St-Maarten best breakfast is served from 7:30 am to 2:00 pm everyday (Simpson Bay and Port-de Plaisance location). Voted best breakfast place in St Maarten / St Martin 7 years in a row, Zee Best also serves lunch from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. Come in and experience what breakfast and lunch are all about!Open 7 days a week, Zee Best, and its friendly staff, is "Zee" place to befor breakfast and lunch in St Maarten!
Cupecoy Bay, St. Maarten-St. Martin
“ZEE WORST.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I don't even know where to start. This is the one place in St. Maarten where I have not been able to finish my plate of food. We were seated after a short wait, none of the waitresses were specifically assigned to our table it seemed and none of them were very friendly or attentive. A basket of stale looking croissants was placed on our table with no words said about them. My boyfriend and I asked the waitress to take them away as soon as we saw her again because we don't eat pastries. Later on when we asked for the bill (which took about 20 minutes for them to even muster) one of the waitresses accusingly came out and asked us how many croissants we ate. I explained to her that we had none and she looked at us like we were liars and walked away without saying anything, I guess it turns out that they charge per croissant. Even though we didn't eat any, I still find it shady and bad business tactics to not tell people you are charging per croissant. I ordered an egg white omelette which is a fairly simple thing and it was absolutely terrible, just drowning in grease. I could barely eat half of it. I ordered coffee with vanilla flavor and my coffee came plain but of course I was charged extra for the flavor. I think the icing on the cake was watching the waitress with very very long hair run back and forth from the kitchen with her hair blowing in the breeze all over the plates she was carrying. It actually disgusted me. I have never been to an establishment that served food where one of the employees did not have their hair tied back. It is unsanitary. I actually enjoy Zee Best Bakeshop a lot and I frequently purchase pastries and sandwiches "to go" there, but I will never return to the restaurant again.

• Visited June 2013

CA
“Their name is appropriate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

The basket of pastries they place on the table is to die for. You pay for whatever you eat & it's hard not to eat more than you should of these fresh treats. Many choices for breakfast; we enjoy the crepes & the banana french toast. Have been each of our visits for breakfast but haven't yet tried their lunch. We'll return again on our next visit. The staff is not the friendliest & the service could be better, but the food makes it worth it.

Visited June 2013
Mocksville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A French flair”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a neat informal restaurant located near the drug store and medical complex at Simpson Bay area. The food has a French flair and is really fresh and prepared well. They are open for breakfast and it is really good. The French toast was the best ever - even before you add the maple syrup!!!!

Visited July 2013
Middleport, New York
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

From the breakfast pasteries to the coffee to the ham and cheese sandwich to the fresh squeezed OJ...fantastic!

• Visited July 2013
seattle
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Best croissants and crepes. The eggs were fresh and delicious- great! A bit warm with no air conditioning so go early

Visited July 2013