“Almond croissants better than France”

Zee Best Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: American, French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Established in 1983, Zee Best is a household name for vacationers and residents. Serving artisanal French Pastries freshly prepared in our bakery every morning, you will find as well, a great coffee selection, fresh juices, heavenly crêpes and everything you could imagine made with eggs from benedicts to omelets!The most important meal of the day can also be the most delicious. Open for the early risers or sleepy heads, St-Maarten best breakfast is served from 7:30 am to 2:00 pm everyday (Simpson Bay and Port-de Plaisance location). Voted best breakfast place in St Maarten / St Martin 7 years in a row, Zee Best also serves lunch from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. Come in and experience what breakfast and lunch are all about!Open 7 days a week, Zee Best, and its friendly staff, is "Zee" place to befor breakfast and lunch in St Maarten!
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This place is unbelievable for breakfast. We spend about 10 days on the island every November and run over to Zee Best every morning......it's that good. Very popular! The almond croissants and other bakery items are amazing, and their crepes are delectable.....I just widh they would deliver to L.A.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I wish I could comment on the food at Zee Best restaurant in Sint Maarten but we never got any. They serve late breakfast, and my wife and I arrived at around 11:45 AM on a Friday morning. The place was crowded but a few tables were available. After waiting five minutes we were told to take any available table. We sat down and ten minutes later a nice young Dutch waiter appeared and took our drink order, which was a cafe au lait for me and iced tea for my wife. Ten minutes later both beverages arrived and the waiter took our order for an omelet for me and a salad for my wife.

As we sat, the majority of the diners left and we remained seated enjoying the view of the parking lot. Forty minutes later (this is not an exaggeration) and still without food we saw our waiter walking through the parking lot away from the restaurant. At that point we left some money on the table to cover the cost of the drinks and moved on.

Perhaps the omelets, salads, and other breakfast dishes were good. As we will never return to this restaurant, we will never know.

2  Thank david a
ZeeBestSXM, Manager at Zee Best Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear David,
We are taken your review very seriously. The experience you described is totally unacceptable and highly unusual for our establishment. We pride ourselves in providing zee best customer service and have received high praise in this department for many years.

There is a possibility that you may have been tended by one of our brand new recruits that had not yet been fully trained to operate according to our standards. I can assure you that by now this situation has been resolved.

We apologize for your regretful experience and hope that you may one day give us the chance to redeem ourselves.

Dominic & Kara
Manager & Owner

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We knew when we got there and saw the crowd (there was one table available that we took) that this was probably a good choice. It was. Extensive breakfast menu. Wide range of crepes, omelets and quiches as well as the more standard "American" fare. My wife had the vegetarian crepe and I had an omelet. Both were very well prepared and the portions were quite substantial. Coffee was good. The outdoor setting was enjoyable although the location in a sort of shopping mall area was not exactly scenic. Prices were fair. Given the crowd the service was fine. I would definitely go back for breakfast if I were in the Simpson Bay area.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

"Zee best" breakfast on the island! Islanders even call this place the best! I had the savory crepes Italian--wonderful! -- filled with tomatoes,mozzarella & herbs, yum! They bring out a tempting basket of french pastries & you pay for whatever you want. Others had --- (1)banana/nut french toast--this was so flaky & delicious! (2) Ham & egg omlet---very light & fluffy! (3) Ham/egg quiche--she loved the quiche!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Awesome pastries, fluffy eggs, and super premium coffee all served on the porch in paradise. The service is great and quick. The rolls are put out in a basket, but you only pay for what you consume. The breads are toothsome and savory. We never miss at least one stop at Zee Best!