“Great Indian Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Food was great and the price was very affordable. Also parking was the easiest in Simpson Bay. It shared a large parking lot with several other businesses. The sign says Curry in a Hurry, however that was not the case. The food was cooked fresh, however it did take some time.

There are newer reviews for Lal's Indian Cuisine

Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is time to write a review. This place has been my regular Indian restaurant for the last 12 years. First situated close to the airport (Lal,I still miss the bar!!!) and now on the lagoon. The location changed but not the food and drinks. The food is excellent, my favorite is chicken korma and my wife's is spinach chicken. We have had all the items already at least one time, that's normal if you visit this place already 12 years, and tried all the beers. I am used to a great variety in beers as Holland and Belgium have many. That is also a reason to go to Lal's, the Belgium beers, Duvel, Chimay, Leffe and many more. At the old place my dog Baree, a Golden Retriever, insisted of going with us as he loved the naan bread. Unfortunately he died and now I have 3 dogs and that is a bit too much to bring to Lal's restaurant. The service is great (Bibi, the other ladies and the kitchen staff) and even if you have to wait a bit, there is good music and always sport on tv.. Last but not least, Lal, a great guy and a good friend who knows everything about 70's, 80's and 90' music. We used to have a music quiz at the old bar every time we went there, yes I already mentioned it, we miss the old bar!!!
Lal, thanks for all the happy times I spent in your restaurant, sometimes when I was down in the dumps, you got me out. See you this week!!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lals was simple, tasty Indian food, friendly owner. Good value for money. Made a nice change from the numerous American 'Ribs and Grill' type diners (not restaurants they don't justify that title). Reasonable priced wine for a change. Only minus is the location behind the supermarket, and the high tables and bar stools not comfortable for a relaxing meal.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

After our near death experience at "the place we dare not name" we found our Utopia at Lal's. Excellent Samosas and even better Chicken Vindaloo. Exquisite Mutton Biryani and a host who if he has children keeps them at home. Lal is a delight. His food is superb and the ambience is fantastic. We are going back again before we leave.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We met Lal at his restaurant based on a friends recommendation. The food was exceptional and we ate there several times. The atmosphere is casual, outdoor and perfect for our island vacation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The prices were very reasonable, too! Thanks Lal!