“Unforgettable is just that..Jennifer's Service was fine..”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Simpson Bay
Jennifer's Vacation Villas
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Pretty hard to screw up a great villa rental in a great location. We loved Unforgettable it was an excellent location on Simpson Bay with an outstanding beach. The villa was well appointed with the only very small complaint being the kitchen could use more pots and pans and the range hood did not work. I am being very picky here as we loved the villa. The couple we traveled with wer kind enough to give us the master bedroom and we found it to be very well laid out and very roomy..The master bath was excellent (could use a bath fan) as it got steamy in there without one after a hot shower.

This was our first time using Jennifer's and I was hesitant as I read a couple of not very flattering reviews. We opted to put our deposits and charges on our credit cards to a a messure of security just in case we ran into issues. I brought the poor reviews to the attention of Lenka the person we dealt with that works for Jennifer's and the next day Jennifer herself contacted me. She was not aware of the poor reviews on Tripadvisor and I encouraged her to look into this. Jennifer did charge us 5% to use our credit card for our charges and I told Jennifer straight up this is indeed illegal to do. I told her the easy way around this is to post here villa rentals with the 5% credit card premium already included and give a discount for cash. Jennifer said she appreciated the tip and will look into it. A representative from Jennifer's did meet us at the airport and escort us to our villa upon arrival. A few complimentary soda's and adult beverages were in the villa when we arrived which is a nice touch. It would be nice if Jennifer's included some simple directions to places you need right away like the nearest grocery. The representative did show us everything we needed to know about the villa and was very nice to work with. We had no issues per say with our villa but a very small but need to mention the cleaning gal was weak and required a suggested by Jennifer's tip of 3.50 per person per day. I am happy to do as I know how hard these folk work but the truth is she did not do a very good job.

At the end of our stay we were instructed by Jennifer's to drop the key at the office they have in Simpson Bay which is easy enough to find but CLOSED ON SATURDAY'S. Given the majority of charter flights are Saturday to Saturday you would think they would tell you this. In hind site we should have just thrown the keys in the mail slot. As it turns out our cleaning gal told us to just leave them in the Villa. Again a minor inconvenience.

In the end Jennifer's was fine to work with. I did have follow-up questions prior to our arrivals and Jennifer's was slow in responding and needed reminders to follow-up.

Would I use Jennifer's again...sure I would. I will say that a big percentage of the villa rentals on the island are represented by numerous agencies. For our Villa "unforgettable" at Las Carenas I think Jennifer's is lead agent. We did not seek Jennifer's out we found her by default as we loved the Villa and she just happened to have the best price on the unit.

Do you homework and ask lots of questions and you will be fine.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank Minge

Reviewed February 28, 2010

We stayed at the Unforgettable Condo through Jennifers Villas in St Martin, on Simpson bay. Great Place, Secure, Comfortable and clean. Maid service daily to clean things up a bit. Beach and pool right out the back. Great ocean views. Close to the airport, but the noise did not bother us at all.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank avklevens
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We stayed at one of their villas on Simpson Bay and had a great time. The staff was incredibly helpful in booking things around the island and recommending things to do. The villa was right on the beach and well maintained. There were 2 bedrooms, and I could see it being perfect for a family.

I would definitely recommend our villa and the staff at Jennifer's for a vacation on St Maartin.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rider808
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Jennifers handled our rental rude when there was something they didn't want to hear.
There were rats in the Horizon villa. They didn't care and would not compensate the inconvience for us. DO NOT rent from them. Lots of other places to rent. Try VRBO.com. This way you go through the owner only. The owner of the Horizon is rude as well and not very appreciative of renters.Jennifer herself is a very rude person. No one called to speak to me only through e-mails.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank fishinwidow
A TripAdvisor Member
Michigan
Reviewed April 23, 2006

St Maarten was a wonderful place for our family to take it's first real vacation (kids 5 & 7). The weather (in April) was wonderful, the island was lovely. We stayed in a villa in Guana Bay. The villa was amazing, well maintained and in an ideal area (close to beach, shopping in Phillipsburg) but the rental company Jennifer Vacation Villas were terrible.
They were rude to us any time we needed to deal with them during our stay. They did not make us feel welcome at all. It is dissapointing that a company catering to travelers doesn't understand that it is a good idea to be courteous to it's guests. There are other rental companies, try one of them.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed March 10, 2003

Jennifer from Jennifers Vacation Villas is a sweetheart and nows how to treat people. Defnitley go to her when you get on the island!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member