We stayed at the Azure in late May and enjoyed our trip. We actually picked this hotel due to the trip advisor reviews. This is a small intimate hotel with a wonderful owner, Michael. We did run into a few small issues and even though he was off property due to a family wedding he quickly responded and addressed the issues and even had the staff give us a nice bottle of wine. Very nice touch! I echo the other reviewer’s comments about a little bit of noise with the construction site and the airport but that didn’t start up till around 7am. Also the last plane lands around 9pm so as long as you get to bed before midnight, the noise isn’t a problem. We had a room that opened out to a patio and then directly onto the beach which was great. We didn’t use the kitchen much but it was well equipped and it was nice to make a cup of coffee in the room and then head off to walk the beach first thing in the am. The beach was always empty and the chairs and umbrellas were very nice. The Wi-Fi even worked from the beach. It’s about a 25 minute walk to Sunset bar via the beach and there is a really nice little beach bar named Karakter that is only about a 10 min walk if that. You are within a 5 to 10 minute walk of the Grande Marche, ATM, bakery and several restaurants and bars which made the location superb. Make sure to rent a car and go explore all the wonderful beaches that St Maarten/Sint Martin has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azure is family owned/ operated boutique hotel on the most spectacular/ uncrowded beach on Saint Martin. Completely renovated. Watersports, marinas, restaurants, casinos, bars, shops all within walking distance. White sand beach, crystal clear water, the world's biggest mega yachts within a stone's throw. Kitchens, US satellite TV, AC. FREE WIFI, FREE INTERNATIONAL CALLS (most countries), FREE CELL PHONE USE,concierge. Lounges with umbrellas on the beach. Let us plan your activities. Our friendly staff will make sure you have everything you need! Azure for sure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your The Azure Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azure Beach Studios Hotel Simpson Bay
- The Azure Hotel St Martin / St Maarten/Simpson Bay