“Great Place to Spend the Day on the Beach”

Dreams Beach Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Baie Nettle
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open everyday for breakfast and lunch from 9am to 11am & 11:30am to 4pm - (No dinner from May to November)
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This is our fourth trip to St. Martin and we wanted to try some beaches we hadn't been to before. We spent the day at Dreams with another couple who were with us for the first week of our 2-week vacation. Beware: When you pull in from the main road, it doesn't give the best impression. Le Sand is on the left and Dreams is on the right. (The 2 restaurants share a sign on the main road.) There is a good-sized parking lot.

It happened to be a very windy day and the water was quite choppy; there were few people on the beach. There is no charge for lounge chairs/umbrellas if you have lunch. The huge, round loungers for two are soooo comfy.

The restaurant: Lots of options include a nice selection of salads, sandwiches (including a club sandwich), rotisserie chicken, sushi/California rolls, meat and fish dishes, pizza. Wait staff are great - very friendly. Seems popular with the locals.

We enjoyed our day so much that my husband and I went back a few days later by ourselves after our friends had left. The water was much calmer. It was Easter Monday and the place was packed. We shared a pizza and large mixed salad. Very nice.

The beach isn't one of the best and that's the only reason I don't give this place 5 stars. If you walk past Le Sand, the beach is filthy. Best to stay right in front of Dreams. If you enjoy hunting for sea glass, there is a treasure trove of it near the rocks (as you face Dreams from the water) to the left.

3  Thank VBSam

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Friends in St. Martin suggested we visit....what a great choice! Excellent service tasty food available in the beach front restaurant or served at our lounge chairs on the beach! Casual and friendly, just right, great views of Marigo and Anguilla...

1  Thank Tara P
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Dreams is a great beach restaurant with excellent food and value. It isn't often that you get a reasonably priced full service restaurant in St Martin. We went a few times with our family during December. The restaurant is right on Nettle Bay Beach so you can take advantage of the restaurant's loungers on the beach before you have lunch. The inside of the restaurant is a canopied tent with chandeliers and floors. Most of the time the sides of the tent are kept open in order to enjoy the view of the caribbean a few steps away.The menu is well rounded providing a children's selection as well as comfort food for adults, such as burgers, club sandwiches and pizza. There are also great mains that feature local fish and chicken dishes too. There is an extensive sushi menu (and an experienced sushi chef). This was my favourite as each roll was large and juicy and enough for a meal. The first time I saw a beautifully decorated plate of sushi I changed my order to get one too. The service is wonderful. We usually started out on the beach on loungers enjoying the sun and the server set up a wine cooler for the family. When our table was ready they called us into the restaurant. We had a few great beach excursions using Dreams as our lunch destination.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Sorry this review is a little late, I wrote a glowing review and it seems I never posted it?

I’ve been to Dreams for lunch and also for my wedding, so you can say I do love this spot!

When I first saw this place with the white furniture and inflatable couches and lights, it reminded me of Miami or Vegas. The staff is great and the food was delicious. Spend an afternoon there and party into the evening. Restaurant is right on the beach!

My husband and I had our wedding at Dream in Dec 2013, it was the perfect spot! Bruno (the owner) is superb to work with and really knows how to manage an event. Although sometimes folks are on St Martin time (more relaxed) they helped plan the event to perfection. I could not be more happy with the staff, the venue, dj & decorators. Dreams has their recommended vendors and they are extremely wonderful and professional. Bruno was flawless with the menu suggestions and execution. I was worried about the wind and rain on the day of the event (it poured!), but they managed to hold the ceremony indoors and then make space for the reception in the same spot. All in all DREAMS was a dream come true.

1  Thank travellingbug95
Reviewed April 1, 2014

What a beautiful relaxing experience. We were fortunately able to spend the entire day at Dreams. The lounge chairs and beds are so comfortable and the beach is beautiful. Many people enjoying the festive atmosphere and the live salsa band.
But the highlight here is the food. Amazing menu, and everything we tried was delicious. Service was excellent. We enjoyed it so much, we are returning again this Sunday!

1  Thank goatcheese33