We stayed in a clean 2 story 2 bedroom suite .with a lagoon view. 3rd story - no elevators. The balcony was private and huge. There were no complaints about the maid service.
They allow pets, and have no pooper scooper rules, so you must watch your step on the beach.
We definitely prefer the water and sand on the ocean, and never went in the lagoon other than on a jetski. The one pool we used was nice, and the other also looked nice.
The food: Nothing to write home about. Although 2 restaurants are advertised; only 1 is open at a time, and the food selection was limited. Breakfast was only available 7-10am at 1 restaurant. The breakfast buffet hot food was lukewarm; we never had lunch there; the dinners were bland, although some of the salad type food was interesting. We more enjoyed going to the local store and bringing wine, cheese, french bread and desserts back to our suite. Some of the restaurant staff was friendly - others aloof.
Entertainment: none to speak of other than 1-2 singers during dinner.
Activities: Can rent jet skis, and there are free paddle boats, kayaks, snorkel equipment. They offer assistance in planning excursions. There are no real resort planned activities. There WAS a ping pong table and a volleyball net on the beach.
Although US cable was advertised, there was only 1 English news channel - everything else was in French.
The only internet available was in the open air lobby, and you had to wait in line at the front desk for them to manually enter the password. This was a 2-3 block walk from our room.
Service was slow at the front desk and staff was a bit reserved.
The closest town was Sandy Ground, and it is depressing and run down looking, so we didn't bother to try to shop or eat there.
We ARE going back to St Martin next year, but not to the Flamboyant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three-story Beachfront Hotel set on Simson Bay, 5 miles from Juliana Int'l Airport, St. Maarten. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Flamboyant Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Flamboyant Hotel Baie Nettle
- Le Flamboyant Resort All Inclusive
- Le Flamboyant Hotel And Resort St. Maarten-St. Martin/Baie Nettle