We luckily just stayed for 2 nights so it didn't matter that much that room cleaning was only to be had at extra charge (having paid more than 100 euros per night i found that quite scandalous anyway). As well it didn't matter that the furniture was old and the appliances a bit run down. However to find a broken shower head (and broken to a point where it is impossible that the previous guest didn't complain about it) when you come from your flight is quite a downer.. In the morning we found our tooth brushes infested with ants... And the next day the toilet flush wouldn't work anymore... And upon departure you have to strip yourself the bed linen off, empty the trash and clean up generally. They will come up to control if you'd done it properly otherwise a fee applies!
Needless to say that the air conditioning would only make a lot of noise but no cooling.
When we stated all these facts to the lady in her stuffy office that served as reception we wouldn't even hear a sorry just a 'well you really had no luck...'.
Luckily the beautiful island and the nice people everywhere (except at the Flamboyant that is) still made the trip a very nice experience.
Just stay away from that place and you will be good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three-story Beachfront Hotel set on Simson Bay, 5 miles from Juliana Int'l Airport, St. Maarten. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Flamboyant Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Flamboyant Hotel Baie Nettle
- Le Flamboyant Resort All Inclusive
- Le Flamboyant Hotel And Resort St Martin / St Maarten/Baie Nettle