“Nice, central, cheep, perfect if you are travelling alone.”
Review of Le Centr'Hotel

Le Centr'Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Marigot
“Nice, central, cheep, perfect if you are travelling alone.”
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

A desent hotel, with nice clean rooms. €50 per night, ask for an offer if uou are staying longer. They have week price for instance. Walking distance to the marina. Marigot is a nice calm city, not a party place like Philipsburg, if you want to avoid disco etc, and just have a few days relaxing, go to Margot. Ferry to Anguilla, rent a motorcykle.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Sunnm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We needed a reasonably priced hotel both going to and from Anguilla within walking distance to the ferry and found this gem. No only is it convenient and the staff accommodating, but the restaurant is excellent for dinner or lunch; however the breakfast is 13 euro and the airport has better food for that meal. We were unaware of the breakfast being included on our way to Anguilla, but since we had an early flight that precluded our having breakfast, our room was only 60 euro without breakfast.

We did have an old room air conditioner that maintenance tried to fix because of its unbelievable noise, but we ended up turning it off which in February was not a problem.

Two well traveled San Diegans.

Room Tip: Rue du General de Gaulle is a quiet street at night so noise is not an issue with a street side room...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hugh b
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Spent 2 nights - Had a room on top floors (don't remember the number) but it was split between two floors.......and appeared to have been recently renovated. It was 55 euro a night. Local resident/business man recommended and was with me when I checked in speaking French to staff which might have influenced this room being assigned to me.
It's a small hotel that You might miss walking down the street. The multi-lingual staff was very helpful & patient with any question/request. It's centrally located in Marigot which allowed me to walk to all the places I needed to go but taxis are available too via front desk or flagging down.
I liked my room layout, Larger bed, desk area and bathroom w/ shower upstairs + 2 single beds and toilet downstairs. It was comfortable, a/c worked, TV was fine, ceiling was sloped toward window which reduced headroom, view was across the street in town - so no touristy view. The overall size of the room was still on the small euro scale which works for me.
This was kinda a business trip & I was alone. So I was interested in clean, safe, quiet and comfortable. It met my needs. Yes, I would stay again which I always think is the key question.

Room Tip: Ask to look at a few before checking in
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Chuteman
Reviewed August 19, 2011

we thought it was a great deal. Little did we know the money we saved we gave back w/ our blood. My friends n i were there for 2 nites in 2 separate rooms- all 4 of us got bitten alive. The service was not bad n the area reminded me of being in france. But i would never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank jc1026
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed February 24, 2011

This hotel is very good value for money.
I stayed one night due to my flight connection flying out of St Marten after having visited first St Martin and then Anguilla. Marigot is a charming town (a bit worn but french and not at all aimed at the mass tourism like Phillipsburg) and the hotel is very centrally located within walking distance to the ferry/taxi terminal.
Yes, the room was basic but it could very well be termed "modernistic" or "trendy". I have stayed in fancier hotels with less decor than here at a MUCH higher rate. Very clean and the hotel staff friendly. So there is no free internet - but really what can you expect at this price?
The bed was not the absolutely most comfortable I have slept in and a few pegs to hang your stuff int the bathroom would have been nice but the overall impression is very positive.
I didnt have breakfast since there is a very nice place at the boardwalk called La Crossanterie which has a nicer view.
If you need a hotel in St Martin within 20 min from the airport with a taxi (18 USD) I do recommend staying here. Marigot is a bit of France in the West Indies at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank MarieMalmo
Coronado, California
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I stayed in a four person room for new years eve for a price of 88 euro per night.
POSITIVES
**Breakfast is not included but its 6.50 euro per person. It comes with coffee, a croissant, and jelly. Nothing to get excited about but since Marigot is very expensive its good for the price.
**Staff is very helpful!!
** The restaurant at the hotel is very good. They have a menu ( called "formule") that comes with an appetizer, a main dish and dessert for 15 euro.

NEGATIVES

**The beds are not comfortable at all.
** I got one of the rooms that overviewed the street so i could hear every car that drove by.
**Internet is 5 euros per day

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Santa Monica, CA
Reviewed January 3, 2010

The good news: centrally located in Marigot, near restaurants, bakeries, bars, the two marinas; friendly and efficient staff; clean room and bath; good a/c; no bugs; very inexpensive.

The bad news: small and spare room; no amenities, rugs, pictures, telephone (who cares any more?); no elevator; smell of insecticide in the room, sewer on the street.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SurfJogger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marigot
Le Beach Hotel
Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa
LOVE
LOVE
#4 of 8 in Grand Case

Been to Le Centr'Hotel? Share your experiences!