“Best Croissants”

La Croissanterie
Ranked #2 of 7 Bakeries in Marigot
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open every day from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Greenwich, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Croissants”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Love this place for breakfast!! Best Croissants ever. Could eat a whole basket of them.
Crepes were excellent too...the best we've ever had. Coffee is great.
Ate here twice and would highly recommend it.

• Visited December 2013

Ocean, New Jersey, United States
“A MUST FOR BREAKFAST.”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

So to say I like this place is an understatement. It is almost always my first and last breakfast on the island...not to say I didn't go 2 other times during my 8 days. The BEST Croissants you have ever had in your life...We were in Paris this summer and as I ate my first bite with that wonderful strawberry jelly, I told my wife that these were better than to ones in Paris, she told me to tell our waiter. I told her that he already knew they were better, so I told him and his reply, "I know" with a big smile!! If that is not enough, add in the marina right in front of you with clear water.
Dont be afraid to order a Crepe...the sugar is amazing....great on DAY 1!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Glen A
Chicago, Illinois
“Still the best breakfast spot!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming here for the last 7 years, and it cannot be beat! The coffee is fabulous and the croissants are without question the best on the island! We have tried several of the other big name bakeries on the island, and always come back here. Don't miss out!

Visited November 2013
Round Rock, Texas
“Best Crepes on the island!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have been coming here since 2010 and always try to eat here at least twice during our stay. My husband always has to have the Belle-Hélène crepes which has chocolate sauce, pears, and whipped cream. I love the seafood crepe and the escargot is a must on every visit. Best I have ever had, and I never get it at home, so I don't feel at all guilty for having it every time we visit. The ham and cheese croissants are great as well! Went for breakfast and enjoyed the croissant French Toast very much. Others had breakfast crepes, except for my 23 year old daughter who had her vanilla ice cream crepe with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. The owners are very nice and we love seeing them each year. We are never rushed here. You will have to ask for the check as they let you enjoy the view of the marina and the company of your guests. They are not open for dinner which is not an issue with us. We have learned not to visit the island in September, as this is one of the many establishments that shut down for the month. Lucky for us, that one year we left the island on October 1st, so we made a stop on the way to the airport! We stay at Dawn Beach on the Dutch side, so it's over a 30 minute drive for us but well worth it! Bring cash to pay and enjoy the 1:1 ratio of Euros to dollars.

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“croissant & cappucino”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

1:1 with American currency, so that helps.
ordered a croissant and was very pleased, the owner told us he makes them by hand. and making it by hand is VERY tedious (speaking as a pastry chef), so I totally give him my utmost respect!
I ordered a cappuccino, generally I put sugar in it without tasting, but this time around I just drank it and didn't need any. it was tasty. my boyfriend ordered an espresso and was very pleased. turns out they use his favorite brand (Lavazza).

its a great place to stop by and enjoy the marina.

if ur a cigar smoker, there r 2 right around the corner (opposite sides) one is Casa del Habana (on the main rd) - authentic looking place, u can tell they take care of their cigars, and its filled with all cedar wood. facing the marina theres another cigar store, smaller and again, the guy not only smokes his cigar inside, u can tell he knos how to take care of them.

• Visited October 2013