“A paella to avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of La Main a la Pate

La Main a la Pate
Ranked #8 of 88 Restaurants in Marigot
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A paella to avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to the restaurant on April 7th. Since the promised 'mussels and frites' were not served as promised a day earlier, a business associate and me both selected the paella. It arrived cold! After the complaint we received it 10 minutes later and it was blasted in a microware. The shrimp (when are the French going to learn that is not shrimps!?) was like rubber, the few mussels had shrunk to chewy balls and the chicked was overcooked. The calamari had shrunk to thin threads that were inedible. Our complaint was met with the excuse that it was a day old and the fact that the waiter had told us that 'Yes, they still had paella' we had been notified. Fortunately speaking French fluently, I complained about the promised mussels. Only Wednesdays and Fridays we were told. However they had them on Saturday, the day before. We left with the waiters compliment that my command of the French language was great. In summary I will avoid this place in the future as I travel to the island often..

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Hugoke_13

Saskatoon
“Best Restaurant On The Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a very popular restaurant with both tourists and locals. The food is superb, large tasty portions which I found to be not expensive. We ate at this restaurant every night while on the island. The owners, Roger and Pascal, are fantastic hosts who make everyone feel welcome. One of the servers, Ricaldau, is very friendly and attentive and makes your dining experience even more enjoyable, he is very professional and a definite asset to this establishment. Do yourself a favour and make sure you get this restaurant which is at the marina in Marigot and treat yourself to an awesome meal. Make sure you try a pizza....best on the island!

3 Thank RikkiSaskatoon
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We ate here quite often in our week stay in St. Martin. I found the staff very friendly, the food was great. I enjoyed every meal I had and always tried something different. Ricardo was my favorite waiter as he was always upbeat and made us feel at home. I highly recommend this restaurant.

2 Thank BevP534
Roslyn, New York
“Beautiful Marigot so so meal.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Marigot by the marina is lovely. We needed a place to eat for 12 of us after seeing that one of our fav's, Le Chanteclair was no longer open. We had no problem getting in and it was a warm evening to sit in the back of the restaurant. Everyone seemed pleased with their meal when it finally came but truthfully, I felt it was very average. The service was terrible and we were sitting for a good 20 min before the waiter came over to take a drink order. Not one of our best especially since there are so many amazing restaurants there.

Groomsport, United Kingdom
“Over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very busy and popular restaurant on the marina. Food expensive, as it is everywhere on the island and service was hit and miss. They do a paella one night a week for €20 and we both chose it. Pretty awful stuff. Was told there was a large selection of seafood/shellfish in it, but all it was was a lot of bits of chicken leg meat. If that's a paella, then I'm a circus clown. Winelist expensive, but a good selection. Service was non existent for us a large table with a very loud American family were the main focus of the staff. I had to get I for my bill, as we're abandoned. I left no tip as they really didn't deserve one. Not a good night, other than the wine.

Visited March 2013