“Perfect spot, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Le France - CLOSED

Le France
Cuisines: French, Caribbean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Quebec
“Perfect spot, good food”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Nice view on the water, the marina and the nightlife; staff very friendly who offered us a free glass of mousseux and drank with us a b52; the Caribbean signer was surprisingly talented; nice traditional French cuisine : melted Brie with apples, duck en aiguillette, steak, lobster, etc. Comforting, nicely done but no wow effect. I would recommend for a night out with a few friends.

• Visited March 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great surprise.....great food....great fun...”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant was a big surprise....the service was both fun, as well as being attentive and the food was very good. We booked for 'Music Thursday' and there was a slight delay getting out table....but made up for by complementary drinks. Stephan, the waiter, was hilarious and energetic. We had a very good evening indeed.

Visited March 2013
McHenry, Illinois
“The worst experience ever”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had a party of five, service was terrible, waited and waited for service. The appetizer (some kind of melted cheese) was like eating a corroded battery. One of the five of the meals ordered was never served, four entee's were served, the fifth we kept on saying it was coming, after everyone finished their meal the fifth entree was "still on the way".

Manager said he would make it up to us (we never received the last entree) when we received the bill, they did not take off anything for the terrible experience. The wait staff was rude, embarrased, and after a while we were just plainly ignored.

With all the great places to eat at the marina, this place should be the last on the list, I would give it a negative rating if I could.

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible (did I make my point?)

1 Thank DLAS567
New York City, New York
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have been here many times and have not had one bad meal. My husband ordered the beef tenderloin with foie gras and the taste was spectacular. All the entrees were delicious. The service and ambiance were wonderful. I look forward to returning here again.

1 Thank TravelerMom09
England
“Great food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I cannot believe the last two bad reviews are not 'malicious', because I can hardly fault this place (sister restaurant to " La Main a Pate" I think, which also also has great reviews).

We chose it because the head waiter / manager is a real character, a crazy/friendly guy (but no way would I say "rude" like a previous reviewer). And we were delighted by the food too - top quality at a good price compared with others in St Martin (and we ate at plenty). Service for us was quick, though they did get very busy later in the evening (always a good sign), which might have slowed things for late-comers.

Overall, highly recommended.