“Go for the duck”
Review of Brasserie de la Gare - CLOSED

Brasserie de la Gare
Cuisines: French
Description: Food is reasonably priced and open for breakfast lunch and dinner. The restaurant is on the marina where one can be entertained by the activities of the marina: the harbor master directed sailboats to their respective docks while we had lunch. The marina is a great place to watch people too. We had a lunch of ham/cheese/mushrooms folded in buckwheat pancakes that was excellent, perfectly paired with an ice cold rose. We were able to eat an early lunch at 11:30am, the flexibility of the service was a plus. We have been visiting St Martin for the past 20 years, have eaten at the brasserie often and were never disappointed. The restaurant serves, sandwiches, pizzas, light fares also has daily specials
Cupecoy Bay, St. Maarten-St. Martin
“Go for the duck”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was shopping in Marigot with my BF when we decided to grab a bite to eat, I had read excellent reviews about Tropicana so I headed towards the Marina and unfortunately they were closed for a few hours until dinner. I strolled along the Marina and checked out a few of the other restaurant menus and Brasserie de la Gare seemed very open and inviting and the waitress (owner?) was very welcoming so we thought it was a good choice and I am so glad we did. I wanted something light but being a huge fan of duck and unable to consume foie gras in my native California, the salade landaise was calling my name. I ordered the petite size because I was told the portion was large enough and that was an understatement, what a HUGE salad. The smoked duck breast was an excellent compliment to the smooth and rich pate and the foie gras was of excellent quality. Truly did not disappoint. The waitress suggested I try a rose pairing so I got a glass of Gris de Plage (think that was the name) and it has turned out to be my favorite wine, I am buying at least a bottle a week now from the local market. Whoops. I raved about how amazing the salade landaise is to a friend for all of one month until I finally brought her to BLDG today and she absolutely agreed with me. I can't speak for anything else on the menu (my BF had ordered the croque monsiuer and it was a bit rich for his taste) however if you enjoy duck you must try it here. I look forward to my future visits.

• Visited July 2013

Brooksville, Florida
“Great lunch great service!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were lucky to happen onto Brasserie de la gare late lunch time last week while in St Martin and are so glad we stopped in for lunch. The waitress was from the Brittany region of France and had the easy comfortable and welcoming aura of that region. She was attentive but not pushy in any way, genuinely appeared to enjoy her work and exchanged real conversation with us while keeping the service flowing seamlessly. The food was delicious and well prepared, and the presentation was tasteful. A great spot for lunch!
Jimmy and Catie Brown
Brooksville Fla

• Visited June 2013
kelowna,bc
“Our usual haunt”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We got to know Martine, and stopped for drinks and appies a few times. Pizza was great and I could see why it was offered as an appetizer, cracker thin crust, no grease, great toppings. Also had crepes, both savory and sweet, very good.

Visited February 2013
NY
“The best choice restaurant”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were happy to find THIS French Restaurant. You know, there are numerous of restaurants on Marina and around that may offer similar seafood, soup, meat dishes. However, after few attempts we chose Brasserie de la Gare. Why? The answer is for those who understand: There is a lot of Positive energy in their food, they love what they cook for you and that love is in the food you receive. You eat there like at home, where your loving Mom took care that you have a tasty food. Jean Jacques and Martina make you just happy there.
One more point for those leading healthy way of living/eating: unlike many other restaurants this one is open all day, which is convenient for those who do not like late dinners (just to let you body to rest during night, not to work digesting the food), but prefer to have dinner, let's say at 3-4 pm.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank AZSZ
San Marcos
“BDLG is Back”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

In some other reviews I said we've been dining on the water at Marina Royal for years. This is the original place for us to gather and enjoy a great lunch of super crispy pizza as only the French can deliver. For a number of years BDLG just wasn't cutting it. I'm very glad to say that it is back to it old glory. Lunch or dinner, I don't think you will be able to get a bad meal at BDLG. Lovely staff, great setting, excellent food, what else can you say?

1 Thank RLehmann1