“My wife and I have been eating here for many many years and it just keeps getting better and better”
Review of Tropicana

Tropicana
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Marigot
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We spend many months in St Martin and In fact have a small apartment on the French side. We have been eating at Tropicana for many years and I believe Emanuel the chef-owner is one of the most outstanding chefs in the world. I say chef because whatever he prepares is outstanding. Lat night we had a risotto with conch under a wonderful red snapper. The risotto was the best I have ever eaten. My wife had the duck which is always superb with puree of wonderful vegetables like only Emanuel can do. Nadege has more personality in her little finger and always makes you feel special. Laurent a server and all around gal friday too is very friendly and caring. Not only is the food probably the best on the island, but they care about the people they serve. The location is beautiful and romantic, the food is outstanding with flavors that are mind boggling good. There wine list is selected by Nadege and Emanuel and it is perfect with everything they serve. This is a must restaurant to eat at. We've already made reservations for a number of future meals. Reservations are a must.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Richard F

Montreal, Canada
“MMMMM”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have to start by saying that I do not LOVE french food...but there are always exceptions...Tropicana is one of them. A few trip back we had brought along friends and they loved it...even took pics of the dessert...it did not only look good it tasted great!

• Visited December 2013
Illinois
“What a great place”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went for lunch and enjoyed a wonderful meal. We were greeted as soon as we walked up to the restaurant and seated immediately. The staff explained the menu and helped us decide what to order. The food was outstanding.

“Best in Marigot”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We go back to Tropicana every year and this year was no exception. Once again, our meals were examples of wonderful French cuisine. This time we chose the specials of the day, both of which were spectacular. As always, service is both charming and attentive; and its marina location is unbeatable.

1 Thank PPandGG
Saint Louis, Missouri
“What's the big deal?”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Saturday evening dinner was average - seafood in my pasta was overcooked. Screaming baby out of control at next table. Loud man and very drunk woman behind me. Average at best.

1 Thank Frank A