“Good Food and View!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tropicana

Tropicana
Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in Marigot
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food and View!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We went into Marigot in search of a boutique recommended by someone back home and asked the owner where we should have a meal in the area. Well, we walked about 50' and entered Tropicana. The staff was very friendly and even though the server spoke French, she did a good job of communicating what she needed to say. I ordered the mussels in a mushroom cream sauce, the portion was very big and the taste was fantastic. We had a beautiful view of the marina and mountain from our table. After a very satisfying lunch, the owner offered a complimentary rum drink which was yummy! The rum was infused with banana (& another fruit) and put a perfect end to a great lunch experience.

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Great bistro,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

The best food for a reason! Great service and daily specials!
Amazing deserts which are requiring after viewing them float by to another table!

Visited December 2013
Dartmouth, Massachusetts, United States
“Steady as she goes.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Over the years we have eaten here and in my opinion Tropicana continues to put out very well prepared French food. I particularly like their sauces. On our visit this week my daughter and I enjoyed a very tastefully prepared dinner which consisted of a tasty salad, french onion soup, the veal dinner special of the evening and a freshly made dessert soufflé that is only offered on Saturday evenings. I find this place to be consistently good.

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant in Marigot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

After experiencing a few tourist trap restaurants, I decided to take to Tripadvisor to find something good. I was in St. Martin on my honeymoon and decided to go to the Marigot area. My husband and I were in search of a great restaurant that served great seafood. So we came across Tropicana. at first we couldn't find the restaurant so we just stopped in at a few bars for drinks and walked around. Low and behold we bumped right into Tropicana. Once we found the place the waiter told us they were closing for two hours in between lunch and dinner and to come back then. Because we had a bad experience somewhere else we decided to wait around until dinner.

My oh my was it worth the wait!

We opted for Lobster bisque and seafood salad as an appetizer. It was a cold rainy day and the lobster bisque is just what the doctor ordered. It was the most tasteful soup i've ever had. even my husband was trying to get a few spoonfuls in!

For dinner my husband had the lobster Provencal and I had the special of the day lamb risotto. The lamb risotto was the most flavorful dish! The meat melted in your mouth, it was cooked to perfection!

After dinner were told that they have a pastry chef on site and every saturday the chef makes the most delightful Souffle. Might I add they had a whole menu just for deserts! Since the waiter raved about the Souffle we couldn't resist. I am a new comer when it comes to french food, I think my heart skipped a beat after my first bite of the soufflé. It was well worth the wait time. After diner the waiter came out to see if we enjoyed our dinner and we told him how delighted we were. He walked away and came back with on the house homemade rum shots! What a way to end the night.

Service was on point, atmosphere was quaint, and dinner was a hit. This was our final dinner on our trip and the most memorable one at that. I walked out one happy gal.

Our server even called us a cab to pick us up so we didn't have to walk to the taxi stand a mile away.

All in all dinner for two including drinks was about $130. Worth every penny!

Houston, Texas
“My favorite meal on Saint Martin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

The people at the Tropicana do a great job welcoming you to their small restaurant and provide excellent service and delicious food. The entrees were amazing and delightfully French. The dessert was also excellent. The portion sizes just right also. And to top it off the prices were less than I thought they would be.