“Reservations far in advance recommended”
Review of Tropicana

Tropicana
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Marigot
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2013

As always the food was excellent. We have a special place in our hearts for this restaurant as this is where my husband proposed to me on New Year's Eve 3 1/2 years ago. If you would like a good table I would recommend that you reserve well in advance.

This was our fourth year coming here and I have to say that this last visit was a bit disappointing. Food was exquisite as usual however service seemed very rushed and a bit impersonal in comparison to previous visits. It may have just been that night and maybe they were short staffed but it was not the experience we had come to love.

A very small restaurant and quite close quarters so if you are looking for privacy and quiet, you won't get that here. But, you can't beat the food!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were a party of four and were able to be seated quickly without a reservation. We arrived about 7pm and the restaurant quickly filled up. I would recommend making a reservaion. Other restaurants at the marina sat empty while this one was very busy.
Ok- now to the important stuff the food and service.....
Our waitress, Savon was friendly and attentive.
Appetizers- foie gras and scallops, salmon trio, and duck liver terrine all excellent
Entrees- sea bass, snapper, lobster, all very good. Steak was a little over cooked but very flavorful. Loved all the side vegetable garnishes on the plate.
The desserts were homemade by the pastry chef and were all presented in an upscale manner and tasted great.
Would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very French; lovely owners and staff; excellent food; on the water in Marigot. Can be crowded but worth the wait (even with nearby places empty)!

1  Thank KarlaSR
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife & I were on St. Martin for the 2nd time in the last 2 years, & we had to come back to Tropicana. Their food, service, & atmosphere is 1st rate! Our seafood entrees were excellent, & the banana rum at the end of the meal hit the spot! If you come to St. Martin, give Tropicana a try, & you will be hooked!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was a great restaurant! The food was absolutely amazing and their house made rum we tried at the end of the night was out of this world (so good, I even bought a bottle for myself to take home!) Our waitress was exceptional!