“Delicious French Pastries & More”
Review of Sarafina

Sarafina
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Marigot
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was our third visit to St. Martin while on a cruise. Every time we visit we go to Sarafina's for breakfast. We grab a taxi when we get off the boat and ask the driver to "Take us to Sarafina's in Marigot." Besides breakfast I always get extra pastries to last me through the day. Their Pan Au Chocolat's are just as good as any I have eaten in France. They have wonderful quiches, croque-monsieur (not your ordinary ham and cheese sandwich) and crepes (both savory and sweet). On our last trip I bought a baguette for the road. It was a delicious snack that lasted us through the day. After Sarafina's we browse at the fish market, the spice market and enjoy looking at the souvenirs for sale at the general market. There is a public restroom just down the street from Sarafina's.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Sarafina's has become the very first place we go to in Marigot when we visit there. A fantastic place for either breakfast or lunch. Pastries and croissants to die for! Just looking at their display case of goodies is a treat in itself. Do not miss their croissants, particularly the chocolate ones.
As far as service goes, we found the women behind the counter very friendly and helpful on our visit today.. They offered to cut a sandwich in half that was made on a long bagette, and to heat my ham and cheese croissant. They were very busy and just steadily worked through the line of customers with a smile on their faces. Eat here and take some pasteries to go!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to St Maarten and this time we had already decided to check out the French side and visit Marigot, St Martin. We shared a taxi and sat back to enjoy the ride to the other side of this island.

First we wandered around the market place and also the marina, lots of nice looking boats and area was very well maintained and spotlessly clean.

Then we explored the side streets and the many shops on offer, as very frequent visitors to France it was funny to see all the signage in French whilst being in the sunny Caribbean, but we felt very at home. Suddenly the wonderful smell of a French patisserie came wafting past us. Could this be for real?? Yes, it was!

Most of the tables were full but I got in the queue anyway. Using my best French I ordered 2 coffees and a chocolate pastry. Luckily a table became free so we could indulge in our goodies. To be honest I didn’t think for a second the pastry would resemble anything like we had ever tasted in France, but we were not disappointed. The coffee was the best we had tasted in weeks and the pastry............ was to die for! What a fantastic find, well worth the journey and you can certainly see how it is so popular. Just delicious.

1  Thank scareyCornwall
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I do not know what all we had but we di purchase a variety of items-10 in total. EVERY single one was fantastic! I cant wait until my return trip next year to return here!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was starved and, even though the line was long to choose from their huge cooler displays of sandwiches, croissants, pastries, it was well worth the wait. 2 sandwiches, 1 eclair, 2 coffees was around $18.00 US. Seating area was comfy and open-air. They could have used a few more staffers behind the counter to assist with getting orders in but it wasn't that big a deal to me.