“Great french pastries great for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sarafina

Sarafina
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Marigot
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Maarten-St. Martin
“Great french pastries great for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

Great place for breakfast. The pastries are fantastic and the fresh Orange Juice, some times the wait in line could be long since it does not move very quickly.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank rpo

Lido Beach, New York
“Bon apetit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

Open-air patisserie on Front de Mer, in Marigot, across from marketplace. Very European feel to its indoor/outdoor seating, service, and clientele. Business people, locals, and tourists can dine (panini's, sandwiches, etc.), and drink teas, coffees, bottled waters and beer. Gelato is available in one corner, while the rest of Sarafina's looks like a pastry and bread lover's paradise. The air is filled with the language of many nations and the aroma of newly baked whole grain breads, luscious strawberry and raspberry-mounded and chocolate pastries, among many delectable others. Stock up on baguettes, brioche and beignets before you climb up to the nearby St. Louis Fort, or en route to Pic Paradis and the beaches beyond!

• Visited March 2011
CT
“Oh boy...that was good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2011

As a 33 yr old Connecticut girl, I'm hoping the term "French women don't get fat" holds true for Americans that eat French food because Sarafina's pastries got the best of me!
The service is slow as anything so I waited in the line and ordered there. The outdoor dining is so quaint. You feel like you are in Europe.
I had a "chef-ish" salad which was good and fresh. The dressing was yummy. I ordered the salad because I had my eye on the VAST VARIETY of pastries. I am so glad I didn't discover Sarafina's on the first day of my trip because the bikinis would never have fit! The Black Forest cake was so good (I'm usually not a fan but couldn't resist). It was light and fresh but so good! There were tarts, croisssants, brownies, napoleons....etc etc etc.
My husband ordered the beef and mozzarella panini. It was huge and had pesto on it. It said burger but I guess that's what a burger is in France :-) He also ordered fries.
It was about $24 U.S. for our little lunch but I'd go back in a second.

Visited February 2011
Long Island, NY
“Parisian Bistro Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

This is a good (eat in or take out) choice for breakfast, lunch or pastries. Spend any morning sitting over coffee and breakfast and you will understand why many SXM French residents start their day here. Alos, a good option to pick up lunch to bring to the beach or as we have the last few years for the flight home.

Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
“Paris in Paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2010

Sarafina's Patisserie & Boulangerie in Marigot, St. Martin was one of the shining points of my vacation to St. Marten. I visited this restaurant at least 8 times in my 9 days on the island -- even tried to buy a yellow visor from the girls behind the counter as a souvenir! My favorites were their Coconut Rock Macaroons and the Palmier pastry, but everything I tried was "Fantastique!". If we didn't see something in their case, they always obliged by making something for us. We had a fabulous roast chicken sandwich on a baguette that was nearly 2 feet long and terrific! It's the perfect place to grab something for a beach picnic or just sit and people watch. The exchange rate, like most of the French side, was $1 for 1Euro. PLEASE VISIT THIS WONDERFUL OPEN AIR PASTRY SHOP IN PARADISE! YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED. C'est si bon!