“Just great. As expected...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Beach Hotel

Le Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Marigot
Montreal, Canada
“Just great. As expected...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Fast and courteous check-in in a very nice lobby/entrance. Front desk staff speak both French and English. Very clean rooms (floors, furniture, bathroom) everything is spotless. Furniture is outdated and tv is small (like 15 inches small). So if you plan on spending your time in paradise in your room, think twice. Breakfast buffet is included with your room. It was stocked with fresh fruit, toast, english muffins, bagels, baguette, scrambled eggs, sausage links, bacon, hash browns, pancakes with syrup, cheese, yogurt, ham, hard boiled eggs, juice machine (OJ, apple and grapfruit), 3 types of coffee machines (latte, espresso, regular coffee, café au lait ...). All very good and fresh.
Again very clean tables and silverware with staff ready to help.

Wifi was tricky. I had to go to the centrum to get the signal the first time but then it worked from our room the rest of the trip (we were in room 237).

Some have said that noise was a problem. We were on the second floor facing the street and slept like babies. We were never awaken. The beds are HARD. We had read that in reviews on TA so we brought a mattress cover(2 inch foam type), packed in a vacuum bag to take as little room as possible, and are very glad we did.

Did not go to the hotel beach, but it looked very small. we went to Orient Beach and Mullet Bay instead. The pool looked ok but again, we did not use it.

Marigot(french side capital) is within walking distance and so is a big grocery store. For a good meal that wont cost an arm and a leg, try the lolos (LOcally owned LOcally operated).

We always rent a car ($204 for a compact with a/c, power windows, free cell phone, taxes included) and I highly recommend it to see all this island has to offer.

Check out was a breeze.

The hotel closes on April 14th for renovations and we will surely return afterwards.

2 Thank patjosee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

It is a bit worn out, but clean. The best part of it is the magnificent view on the Marigot Marina. You could spend all day and all evening on the porch and not be bored with it.
Breakfasts are edible, though my boyfriend kept complaining about bacon being undercooked. We only had dinner at their restaurant once, and it was enough.
Drinks at the bar were fine, but when I asked for regular coffee they made me an espresso, and when I asked for cream they just poured ice-cold milk into my cup. :( So bring your own cream.
The beach by the hotel is very small and it's not a good place to swim either. It's a good place to stay if you can rent a car and go to the beach or to eat elsewhere.

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was our 5th visit to SXM and our 2nd time at Hotel Beach Plaza. We love this place. If you are expecting a big box, all inclusive experience with huge flat screen TVs and a swim up bar...then don't stay here. The HBP is very much a Euro style hotel. Yes, it is a bit tired, however, a major renovation is on its way. The HBP has a great Caribbean feel, the lobby atrium is basically a mini bio dome with tropical plants, birds and 4 story palms...nice!

The staff is very friendly and always accommodating. The inclusive breakfast offers a wide variety of fresh fruits, juice, yogurt, eggs, sausages, french pastries and so much more.

Our ocean view room was stunning. If you enjoy being serenaded by the constant surf, this is the side of the hotel to stay on. The balcony off our room was a great place to sit back and soak it all in.

This is a perfect place to call home-base while on the island. It is clean, safe and comfortable. If you are looking for night life Cupecoy, Maho, and Port de Plaisance are a short 5-10 minute drive away on the Dutch side of the island. A car rental is a must If you want to see all this island has to offer.

Thank you to Eric and the staff at Hotel Beach Plaza. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Room Tip: Oceanview all the way
6 Thank damitz
Pulaski, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Like another reviewer we spent one night here before picking up our charter. It is rater dated but the staff was nice. Our room at a very nice ocean view. The free Spiced Rum drink was very nice! Our friends did not pay for breakfast but when they wandered by the restaurant they were told that all people staying received free breakfast and they said it was good. The WI-FI was free and fairly quick. There is a major renovation planned for this spring and should address a lot of the problems with the property. We had about 6 hours from checkout to when we boarded out boat and the staff was wonderful to put up with us storing our luggage.

Room Tip: We were after cheap so we booked an ocean view room. When we arrived we asked if there was an ocean...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dixon W
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed in this property for a week ( Jan.14-21) and despite the fact that the hotel is a bit old, it still has everything to provide a nice experience to its guest. The staff was always courteous and ready to help and the hotel itself is very conveniently located, just 5 mins walk from the port where the boats to St Barths and Anguilla depart. My only two complaints are the outdated tv (but who goes to St Martin to watch tv) and the slow internet. However the Management did everything to fix the internet issue. We had a room facing the parking but unlike other reviews I actually found it nice because it has a view towards a kind of a marina with a lot of boats; our friends had a room with sea view and found it nosy at night... The included breakfast was very adequate and since the hotel is located at the beach we were always able to get a table near by the water..The beach itself is small but there are plenty of gorgeous beaches in St Martin. Speaking of beaches, Orient beach is of course very famous and worth visiting but I personally enjoyed much more the beach located on the small Pinel island which can be accessed by 5 min boat ride. A car is absolutely needed in order to explore the island and there is a car rental desk in the hotel lobby.
We had a day trip to Anguilla but except a beautiful beach, the island has nothing else to offer, it is boring and mainly a lost of time to go to Anguilla, St Barths on another hand is a must...
Overall I would recommend this hotel and will gladly stay there again...

3 Thank TBoumbovski
porto alegre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have been there in Jan2013. Not a resort, not a luxury place, but instead a charming tradicional hotel, french taste and 50´s style. the rooms are good in size. the seafront rooms - with the waves souding, are far better than those street-front ( but not noisy )
It is quite near Marigot, 5 min walking and there´s an interesting supermarket 2 min walking opposite to downtown Marigot
Good air conditioning, although tradicional, buut not noisy
Rent a car. Taxis are a bit expensive for these short trips ( Hotel airport 20 US to 40 Us depending on how many people )

Room Tip: seafront! you´ll get the incredible view to Anguilla
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

It's only a couple more months before they shut this place down and completely re-model so I'm not sure this review is worth the effort but, I owe this place a HUGE debt of gratitude so I'm writing it anyways. First I would like to explain that in a rush to join another couple in a Taxi to the Port I grabbed my back pack, hoisted my luggage in to the trunk and jumped in the Taxi. Not until we reached the Port, about 20 minutes away did I realize that I had left my purse, with my Passport and lots of cash, in front of the Hotel. A frantic phone call to the Hotel, after a total out of body panic experience, connected me with the front desk lady who assured me that she had seen my purse and now had it behind the desk. Everything was untouched. For this I am SO grateful. As for the Hotel itself, I booked it because of it's location, walking distance to Marigot and on the beach....literally, the waves roll up under your deck. My expectations were simple, fully recognizing the on going battle with the elements and the climate that I had chosen to spend time in. I was not expecting luxury. It was clean, it was simple, it was fine. I prefer Hotels that reflect the area I am visiting rather than something generic that could be in any city. I was always able to get a smile out of the front desk people. If you are nice your chances of having people be nice in return are greater. The beach was facing the wrong way in the morning for good sun exposure....can you really complain about this? I don't think so. I swam, I laid in the sun, downhill and backwards, that's all I needed. Nice fluffy towels, plenty of beach loungers available. The big posters depicting the renovations look wonderful. I will return for sure. And, if the Hotel Manager, or someone in a high position reads this wonderful review, could I please have one of the adorable brass and porcelain antique shower fixtures? Really. Don't just throw them out!!

1 Thank 2bamboo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marigot
Mercure Saint-Martin Marina & Spa
La Playa Orient Bay
#4 of 8 in Orient Bay
4.0 of 5 stars 478 reviews
Divi Little Bay Beach Resort

Been to Le Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!