“Delicious”

La Petite Auberge Des Isles
Ranked #15 of 88 Restaurants in Marigot
Cuisines: French, Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, California
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Best friend and I were the only two in the restaurant during lunch. We enjoyed a pitcher of Gris De Plage which is one of the best tasting and cheapest rosès on the island. I ordered the lobster w/ fois gras and raspberry reduction sauce & sweet potato purée, frankly it was one of the best meals I've had in my entire life and that's saying a lot. The waitress is named Vanessa I think, she's very nice & remembered us on our second trip :).

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Fancy N

Toms River, New Jersey, United States
“Great meal”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My friends and I ate here while in St. Maarten. The food was excellent, and the French onion soup was truly the best I've ever eaten. The chef and owner is gradually changing the menu from what it was 3 years ago. If you like Creole cooking you'll enjoy the food.

• Visited July 2013
San Diego
“This is a small and really good food place we have eaten there maybe 10 times”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We go to Sm a few times a year and this is a place we have always had a great meal and good service and never once disappointed. French food and always excellent.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Mounque B
Sacramento, CA
“One of the best meals we had in Marigot”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

La Petite Auberge mixes French cuisine with island creole flavors to very good effect. It is not easy to see from the main walkways of the marina and its out-of-the-way location is likely the reason it was empty both times we saw it (the first time, we were strolling around the marina after dinner, the second time we returned to eat there).

Its prices match the rather high prices found everywhere on the island, but the food was well prepared and served in generous portions. My travel companion and I shared an appetizer of scallops in a creamy sauce. The scallops were delicate and delicious. This was the *only* restaurant where we dined that did not overcook the scallops (honestly, I want to shake all of St Martin's chefs by their little white smocks and scream "Why? Why do you overcook everything???). Okay, sorry about that little digression.

Service was a bit lackluster, but our young waitress was sweet and likely having a really boring evening since we were the only two patrons in the restaurant. The chefs in the kitchen were holding a loud, extensive discussion in French, which was actually fine (neither my travel buddy nor I speak French, so I can't give you the dish on the latest island gossip).

If you are in the marina looking for a good meal, I recommend La Petite Auberge and Tropicana as your best bets. This is tourist central, and you are paying top dollar for location. These two places will stood out for us as offering the best food for the price in this spot.

• Visited May 2013
The Villages, Florida
“A Great Little French Restaurant on the Water”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We dined at La Petite Auberge as part of a Lagoon Cruise by Aqua Mania at Simpson Bay Resort. The marina area of Marigot was very quiet – our boat load of about 20 people was the only diners. The adjoining restaurants were shuttered. The restaurant is a small place open to the waterfront with outside seating. The tables are outdoors and are situated beside the water and the boats docked at the marina, which made for a pleasant dining atmosphere.
As part of the cruise package, we had a limited menu. We were offered a choice of French Onion soup or a salad which included blue cheese and walnuts. For dinner, we had a choice of sirloin (special of the day), chicken with mushroom sauce, or mahi-mahi with cajun butter sauce. For dessert we had a choice of a variety of sorbet, ice cream or malt chocolate cake. My girlfriend and I each had the salad. The salad ingredients were chopped fine. This allowed a symphony of flavors with no one flavor – even the blue cheese- dominating. My girlfriend had the chicken and I had the mahi-mahi. The couple dining with us each had the sirloin. The chicken came out with egg noodles, a dab of smashed sweet potato and a vegetable medley of green beans, zucchini and carrots. I had the mahi-mahi served with white rice and the mashed sweet potatoes and the vegetable medley. The mahi-mahi was not the usual thin fillet, but rather a thick fillet that appeared to be half of the fish. Our friends sirloins were served with mashed potatoes and were thick like filet mignon. My girlfriend had a small round malt chocolate cake topped with ice cream and I had the mango sorbet. I found the presentation of the food to also be impressive. The egg noodles were set on my girlfriend’s plate to look like a wave. The potatoes and the rice were in a cylinder shape about 2 inches in diameter and 2 inches high. Each item was carefully placed on the plate. The service was also very good. One glass of wine or a soft drink and a bottle of water were included. This restaurant was very good and the waterside setting gave a decidedly European flare. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal. The food and service were excellent and the portions were plentiful but not overbearing. The cruise with the meal and drinks was $75 U.S. per person. We visited on May 14, 2013.

• Visited May 2013