“certainly not what it was with the previous owner”
Review of Bistro Nu

Bistro Nu
Ranked #14 of 91 Restaurants in Marigot
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I live in a neighboring island, and we were regular at the Bistro Nu.
We set our foot in this restaurant the last time Feb 27th 2014.
The food is not even safe. I ate pig feet in vinaigrette which were spoiled. i didn't say anything to our usual waiter. Then I had a carpaccio of beef, with was very tough and soaked in oil.
On top of that, when I got the credit card receipt to sign I didn't pay attention and didn't cross the tip line, and I left 10 euros in cash. but to my surprise I was charged $20 for tip.. On the French side the service is always included, and my 10 euros was very generous
So not only the owner of the place has not a got good cook, but he has somebody who is stealing!!!
I am sorry for Jean Claude (the server) who is a darling, but I will not patronized that place anymore.

1  Thank Michel J

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Charming spot, with a wonderful menu - IF they are not out of your favorites, as they were on our night. That's the risk you run with such a small restaurant. But we enjoyed stuffed mussels, and shrimp & scallops Provencal, all impeccably served.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Small restaurant frequented by locals and tourist. Nice ambiance, friendly and very French. There were 5 of us last Thursday and we were seated right away, no reservation but the waiter recognized our friends who are locals. All our food were delicious but a bit more garlicky than needed. Over all we will go back.

1  Thank peony09
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I recently reviewed Bistro Nu based on past experiences there, which were always great.
We just returned back from Christmas break in St Martin. We went to Bistro Nu, as we always do and unfortunately it was not as wonderful as we had remembered. I think that they switched chefs. The onion soup was watery, the fish overcooked and hard.
Jean Claude was still gracious and a pleasure but that was the highlight of our night. The prices aren't cheap here and our bill came to almost $400 which was not worth it.
Hopefully we just caught Bistro Nu on an off night but I can't say it is as great as it used to be.

1  Thank parkavegirl
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The restaurant is across the street from the stadium (beware as there are 2 in Marigot). It felt odd that when we arrived the door was locked and there was a security man at the door. The restaurant is very quaint with about 6 tables. The appetizers were good and included onion soup, goat cheese salad and foie gras. They had run out of the asparagus salad. Our main courses were good size but generally overcooked and the vegetables cold. The grouper, red snapper and Mahi Mahi were all over cooked. The Cornish game hen was dry and was served after the other mains arrived. The frogs legs were excellent.
The manager was very friendly and managed the room quite effectively.
There are so many other great dinner options in Marigot, we will not be returning here.

1  Thank Connie M