“The best night on the island”
Review of Mario's Bistro - MOVED

Mario's Bistro
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We dined at Mario's and decided it was the best of all the restaurants we sampled over our two week stay on the island. My husband had seafood. The chef created a special vegetarian entree for me. Yummy. Great atmosphere, great service and great food!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Loved this restaurant. Wonderful food and fantastic setting right next to the inlet to Simpson Bay.

1  Thank Kristin C
Reviewed June 3, 2012

And sadly, that's about it. We have been here a few times and this trip to St. Marten, perhaps this was the last time to Mario's Bistro. The cosmo was perfect. My husband had a glass of white wine and also the french onion soup. For entrees, my husband had the pecan crusted mahi which was good. I had the veal scallopini with tomato gnochi (odd combo) and the coating on the veal was mushy and the sauce separated before I was finished eating. Fortunately, the creme brulee was great. Overall it was okay but definitely not worth $120 US plus tip (tips are CASH ONLY).

2  Thank JerseyAJ
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Food is delicious however the wait can be lengthy. Waiters are gorgeous and very attentive. On a hot still night this restaurant can be stifling so be careful to dress appropriately ... nice wine selection.

Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

This and La Villa were my two favorite restaurants on the island.

What can I say, everything was amazing and the portions were HUGE! Standouts were the bouillabaisse my husband ordered (amazing and unexpected, not your traditional French bouillabaisse. Better.), and the Thai crabcake app was out of this world and a meal in itself that was actually 4 different small apps on one plate...all delectable.

And the service was also impeccable! Our server was Jean and he was fantastic! Can't wait to go back!