“No Food, But Oh The Coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Vie en Rose - CLOSED

La Vie en Rose
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Nacogdoches, Texas
“No Food, But Oh The Coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

The gentleman running this place must tinker with his espresso, because he has one terrific cup. This will be a stop every time we go to the market in Marigot.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank mooneynut

New York City, New York
“Honeymoon highlight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I recently flew to St. Marrten for our honeymoon. After a series of unfortunate events with our travel and hotel accommodations I was thrilled to learn that my husband was able to get on thing right.... dinner at Le Vie en Rose. The old world charm of this beautiful restaurant located in Marigot transported me instantly to Paris. The service was wonderful and the food was delicious. Our waiter, learning of our honeymoon, offered us a complimentary glass of champagne and later, before leaving, I was given a beautiful long stem red rose . Love was in the air. My husband did good, but Le Vie en Rose did better.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank Anne C
Forest Hills, New York
“Excellent French Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

My family and I had such an amazing time at La Vie en Rose restaurant. The staff was very friendly and made sure we were all comfortable. The food we ordered was absolutely delicious and we even had desert which I usual don't do. The atmosphere was calm and I love the location as well because it's close to everything in the town. I found the service to be excellent and the staff all to be extremely helpful and friendly. My family and I will continue to come back to LA Vie en Rose restaurant.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank missjess1983
Sarasota, Florida
“Best French when in the islands.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

Had a very memorable dinner there a few months ago. It was the best French dining we have had outside of France. The food was great, the service was great, the ambiance was far better that most island restaurants, and the price for dinner with wine was better than expected. We even returned, during that holiday, for another meal just to make sure it wasn't a dream! Enjoy!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Stefano B
Northwest Chicago Suburb
“Magnifique!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

La Rose en Vie sits at the intersection of two of Marigot's busiest streets and looks out over a bustling harbor scene. While it is hardly a quiet getaway, the bistro atmosphere and wonderful cuisine are authentically Parisian.

We picked this restaurant on a day when we'd decided to have our big meal of the day at lunch. As expected, the lunch menu was less extensive than the dinner menu, but it still covered the bases.

There is no nouvelle cuisine here. You'll find mostly traditional continental French dishes as they've been prepared for generations, but with that something extra that only the great restaurants have. I opted for the chicken brochette with mushroom sauce, accompanied with real French fries. Chicken on a skewer (kabob) is so often a dry and chewy. This was the best I've ever had. The chicken was moist and tender. The sauce was something out of heaven. The fries were perfectly golden, light logs with rounded ends.

My wife had the French onion soup, another time-honored selection. She also said it was the best ever. There is a small selection of wines of the glass, one per varietal, but everything we tried was quite good.

As in most restaurants on the island, service was leisurely but very cordial and welcoming. There is a small selection of wines by the glass, one per varietal, but the ones we tried were quite good.

• Visited March 2012