“Pathetic!!”

Ranked #16 of 64 Shopping in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stopped at Diamonds International in Phillipsburg to purchase a chain for my stingray pendant. The sales lady was friendly and helpful. She found just what I wanted. Unfortunately, she accidentally dropped by pendant when switching the chain. My $500.00 Valentine's Day present - broken. Shattered. I was devastated. The store manager, Ramish, could care less. Not his problem. Didn't want to give his name. No apologize. Not his responsibility. No phone number. No email. Just a nasty soul. I will never shop at Diamonds International again. Upon returning home and talking to friends - I guess they've had similar unpleasant experiences at Diamonds International. Wish I would have known before.

5  Thank lori b
There are newer reviews for Diamonds International

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I needed a watch and was looking for one around $500. I attended the port shopping seminar on board my cruise ship and went to the first DI store where there was supposed to be a "Scotch and Watch" event. That wasn't happening but I got to looking at watches, finally settling on a Zenith watch that retailed for........$13900!!!! After a lot of dickering, I paid $11700, which was supposed to be an "unheard of discount" from retail, according to my ship's watch buying expert. I was also told that Zenith controlled what their retailers could discount their watches and that I was getting a rock bottom discount as I was the first customer of the day (which I was). The "manager" even made a show of "calling the home office" to get an extra 5% off for me. When I got home I looked this watch up on the web and found it for the price of $9313, everywhere I looked. I understand that it costs more to have a bricks and mortar store and don't have a problem paying more for the opportunity to hold a product such as this in my hands before buying. I also went to the Zenith website and nowhere could I find that DI is an authorized distributor for them....will do more research on this.

I do have to say I love the watch, and it loves me. The reason I am giving this "poor" rating is to let people know they will not receive an "unheard of discount" when buying from this company in the islands. They do have quality items (I did get a very nice tanzanite stone for $597/carat, from what I can find that was a good price), just watch :-) the prices and don't get sucked in by the VERY heavy handed sales techniques. Live and learn......I guess I am lucky to get this lesson and that it only cost me $2400.

6  Thank brotherbruno
Reviewed November 23, 2013

After paying on credit card in the store paid the bill only to find virtually the same amount of money taken again the following month for a purchase from them, passed on to my bank to deal with.

5  Thank Roxy101010
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I found the advisor very pushy, I went in just to look and see what deals they had on tanzanite. He kept trying to sell me diamonds that I didn't want and all he kept asking was that I recommend him to the expert that we had on the ship, I know they are on commission but it was really had work shopping there.

2  Thank Janet C
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We purchased a new wedding set at the Philipsburg location of DI for our 30th anniversary. Less than a year later, a small diamond chip has fallen out of the wedding band. Will they do anything about it? Absolutely not. Had I not been so romantic and purchased it while on a Celebrity Cruise (and by the way, they will tell you how safe it is to purchase it in the Caribbean) and waited to purchase at a chain store in the states, I would have been much better off. Now, I am thinking about getting a whole new setting for the stones we have. Don't buy from DI while on a cruise!

6  Thank SoulSabbatical