“PLEASANT SHOPPING EXPERINECE”

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“PLEASANT SHOPPING EXPERINECE”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

On our recent cruise to the St. Martin, we went into the Diamonds International Store. We had good service and a pleasant shopping experience. We purchased a ring and my wife loves it.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Hlondon99

Pleasantville, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Korilite Ammolite Pendant and Birthstone Ring”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I purchased the Ammolite pendant in St Marteens and I am absolutely in love with it. I purchased a birthstone ring in St Thomas for my daughter and she hasn't taken it off since she got it. When I got home I looked it up on line and was amazed at how much I saved. Everyone that has seen my pendant loves it even my son commented on how beautiful it is. I had a wonderful experience at both the stores the people that waited on me were very patient and knowledgeable that I purchased from. I think I got the deal of a life time. Thanks to Peter and Sarah they really were great!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank prenglert
Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“ONLY PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD!!!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Diamonds International is a Full Price store. Don't let any hype fool you!

First, let me say I'm greatly saddened to hear the SCAM stories, but jewelry, gold & diamonds are ripe for high pressure, and less than honest tactics at all jewelry stores.

>Don't be pressured. One of the fav scams is to not have the item ready until the cruise ship is about to leave and then it's renegotiation time by the jeweler. They know very well the sadness in a ladies eye if she's not going to get her item, so they start the pressure. If the boat is about to leave and it's not right, or the deal goes up in price, Forget it. If the workmanship (or setting work) is not right leave it and go. Forget it. You can always go to w47th St.(The Diamond District) in NY and get a better deal anyway. There will ALWAYS be another,,,
Also:

*ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS- PAY VIA CREDIT CARD PREFERABLY AMERICAN EXPRESS.

* GET A SIGNED AGREEMENT WITH THE MANAGERS SIGNATURE THAT STATES:
THE RETURN GUARANTEE:
"THE BUYER SHALL BE ENTITLED TO A FULL AND COMPLETE REFUND FOR THE ENTIRE PURCHASE, w/ NO RE-STOCKING FEE, SHOULD THE PURCHASED ITEM NOT APPRAISE AT OR MORE THAN THE PURCHASE PRICE BY A CERTIFIED APPRAISER OF THE BUYER'S CHOICE".

>>>(Notice the verbiage is the "BUYER'S CHOICE" - YOU DON'T WANT THEM TO DISAGREE WITH THE RETURN SAYING THEIR OWN APPRAISER SAYS IT APPRAISED AT THE PURCHASE PRICE.

*READ THE FINE PRINT OF THEIR SALES AGREEMENTS VERY, VERY CAREFULLY.

* If you don't agree with any part of the warranty or agreement, CROSS IT OUT and you both initial it. If they don't like it, WALK! Immediately!

* GET A COPY OF EVERYTHING YOU SIGN.

*NEVER, EVER PAY WITH CASH, MONEY ORDER, TRAVELERS CHECK OR BANK CHECK. Once they have your money, it's all over. If you pay via credit card, at least you have your credit card company to back you up.

Visited January 2012
13 Thank k9doglover
Stormville, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Shopping in St. Maarten”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I bought my mom a Christmas gift and still cannot wait to give it to her. I thought the prices in your store were super and the sales people extremely nice!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank 87Laura87
Springfield OR
“DI Caribbean”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Great selection of Phillip Stein watches, wide price range. Friendly staff. Visited Di on 4 different Caribbean Islands. 3 of the 4 were very nice experiences. In the 4th, on St. Maarten, the sales person was high pressure, so of course, I did NOT buy anything there. I like my sales staff friendly and helpful but to understand "I'm just looking" and "no" as an absolute. Believe me if I find something I want, I'll find you and buy it.

Visited December 2012